Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Maths :D

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I did nothing for it. First three questions I did were fine, the rest were alright, the last was awful XD Don't care anyway tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Marking scheme says for a similar question

"Correct answer by Trial and Error,verifired: full marks; unverified: att 2"

So whatever that means. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

Your ordinary level paper this year was sooo easy. Our's last year was way harder. Still, got an A1 though.

Good luck with English tomorrow and the rest!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Nice paper, the odd tricky part but overall I'm happy with how it went :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

did all the questions except the sequences & series one. I hate that question with a passion. still had 40 minutes left, damn not being allowed leave early in my school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

kateos2 wrote: »
    did all the questions except the sequences & series one. I hate that question with a passion. still had 40 minutes left, damn not being allowed leave early in my school.

I did well on that one, 'twas handy as I crammed in the formula that morning and the night before :) Only 2-3 of them actually I was surprised how far they went in the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Forde-fotos

Futurism wrote: »
    I thought that writing x = -9 was full marks?
    Ya, you will get full marks for that, there is no need to write , 'used calculator' , beside your answers !

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Lucet wrote: »
    It was a huge pain in the butt I'd tell :D. I was thinking of indices, but that 1/729 just messed me up. Well, I hope I'll get at least attempt mark in that question :rolleyes:. On Sunday I'll do several past papers, because I suck at equations of a line/circle and Q11 is horrible for me. Maybe I'll try vectors instead :cool:.

They give attempt marks for writing out the question these days! :D;) Everyone sucks at co-ord geometry. Theres twenty odd formula that aren't in the stupid logtables!:p I have to do it though cause I hate trig. I'm doing 1,2,3,6,7 and eleven unfortunately...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

They give attempt marks for writing out the question these days! :D;) Everyone sucks at co-ord geometry. Theres twenty odd formula that aren't in the stupid logtables!:p I have to do it though cause I hate trig. I'm doing 1,2,3,6,7 and eleven unfortunately...:rolleyes:

This is what I always do - writing out the question :D. I'm doing the same questions. I don't know why teachers don't do vectors :(. I find it easier, but I started learning the damn thing too late..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Forde-fotos

Vectors and Probability are very very nice questions !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

God I love pass maths! Came out at 11.15 with such a sense of achievement! If only every paper could go that well! Did everything except Q5 as did most people. I'm curious is that because of learning formulae or do people find it hard?

anyway, got everything worked out. bring on paper2!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Futurism wrote: »
    I thought that writing x = -9 was full marks?

pretty sure it is. That took me ages to work out, was the last thing I couldn't get. Got the hell outta there afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Bongomc wrote: »
    Really happy with how that went. Only part C) of Q.3 was tricky and the rest was fairly easy.
    Ya.

1,2,4,7,8 were fine. Think I got them all perfect.

Studying arithmetic at breakfast this morning paid off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

bloody lovely paper

I answered all 8 questions and say I easily aced it.

Advertisement