Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU-Wide Results Thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

So will they be counting the Euro ballots on Monday? Or do they start sunday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Well, since my OP, I just found out the Dutch are in trouble for the early release of results, even if they are just an exit poll. So maybe there wont be much to discuss at all until Sunday night.

I'd say the rules are that once the final polls close on Sunday, any official results can be released. I don't see why ballots can't be counted before Monday and released straight away when all polls close, unless they're worried about leaks.

Edit: From here:
    wrote:
    Under EU law it is illegal to announce official results until all EU voting ends at 10 p.m. Brussels time on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Does this mean that if de Rossa tops the poll in Dublin and gets more than the quota on the 1st count on Sunday, the returning officer cant declare him elected until after 10pm Brussels time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

how did UKIP do?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

how did UKIP do?

There'll be no results until Sunday after the last European elections have finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

who's around dublin sunday night...I still think a boards.ie EU drinks is in order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

The Dutch got in trouble for this before I believe?

Even if no one is elected first count, the release of the first count tallies would be deemed "official results" I'd assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

turgon wrote: »
    The Dutch got in trouble for this before I believe?

Even if no one is elected first count, the release of the first count tallies would be deemed "official results" I'd assume.

I think they're allowed to release provisional results. They just can't announce official tallies etc.

Advertisement