Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cabhair..!!

• 05-06-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

I would greatly appreciate help with the following sentence that I need to include in a letter to Udaras.

"I am very sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, but I had lost the detail/forms and changed address since 2005."

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i would always email and talk in irish to them (well conradh or the likes, since i have had no dealings with údaras)

but, ''tá an bhrón orm maidir leis an moilligh fhada mar chaill mé an foirm agus bhog mé cun seoladh/teach nua ó 2004''

im not 100 sure on h's but i think the rest is grand - they'd get the message but i wouldnt submit to a teacher or the likes haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

i would always email and talk in irish to them (well conradh or the likes, since i have had no dealings with údaras)

but, ''táim an bhrón maidir leis an moilligh fhada mar chaill mé an foirm agus bhog mé cun seoladh/teach nua ó 2004''

im not 100 sure on h's but i think the rest is grand - they'd get the message but i wouldnt submit to a teacher or the likes haha

Not an expert Conch. but to me "Táim an bhrón" doesn't ring right.

"táim an bronach" Or tá brón mór orm" sounds better to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i think the less said about that mistake the better, duh (that outta cover it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

'tá aiféal orm' means 'I regret.. could be a good phrase to use there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

try this:

tá aiféal orm nach chuir mé freagra agaibh roimhe seo ach ar an drochuair bhog mé chuig seoladh nua i 2005 agus chaill mé na sonrai agus foirmeacha dá bharr.

means 'I regret not getting back to you sooner than this but unfortunately I moved to a new address in 2005 and consequently lost the details and forms'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

"I am very sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, but I had lost the detail/forms and changed address since 2005."

Tá brón an domhain orm go bhfuil mé chomh mall sin do do fhreagairt, ach chaill mé na sonraí/foirmeacha agus d'athraigh mé mo sheoladh ó 2005.

Advertisement