Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/cheapest place to dump old furniture

Options
  • 05-06-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi fellow Cork heads! :-)

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum but I have no idea where else to post my question. Please re-direct me if needs be.

I have recently moved house & in order to get my deposit back from my landlord, he's asked that I get rid of my old furniture, consisting of a 3 piece suite, single bed, & some electrical items. I've already filled a skip & I'd really like to avoid the expense of hiring a second one so I'm wondering if anyone here could suggest a cheaper alternative?
    I've already contacted my local amenity site & they've said they'll take it off my hands for approx €50, but if I factor in the cost of hiring a small truck, I may as well shell out for another skip.

I can't advertise on jumbletown.ie as I need to move the stuff sooner rather than later, & there are already suites up for grabs there that no one's taking.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    I have recently moved house & in order to get my deposit back from my landlord, he's asked that I get rid of my old furniture, consisting of a 3 piece suite, single bed, & some electrical items.

Having moved house 2 years ago into a house full of junk from the last tenant I have to say this mail set my teeth on edge.

Jumbletown is pretty quick though, I've offloaded a lot of redundant furniture on it. Please don't dump your stuff on the side of the road. Ask friends if they can help transporting it, I'm sure somebody has a van you can borrow. If time is the main problem 50 euros isn't expensive to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The free section of adverts.ie will take stuff like coaches and chairs quickly enough. Your boards.ie username/password will work there. Just include a picture, and say they must collect.

Comfy looking coaches don't last long before someone takes them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

google freecyclecork.org

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

shoegirl wrote: »
    Having moved house 2 years ago into a house full of junk from the last tenant I have to say this mail set my teeth on edge.

I can assure you none of what I left was junk, I just can't take it with me to my new place as there isn't room. I thought I was doing my landlord a favour, if anything! Not many rented places are unfurnished these days.

And any rubbish I did have, I disposed of in the skip I hired. I don't believe in dumping my crap on the side of the road.

Thanks to those who posted advice, my landlord gave me an extra week to offload the goods & I've had responses to my ad on gumtree. The couch & armchairs are gone, & I have a taker for the cooker & microwave. All that's left is the bed, heater & stereo!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Bonfire night coming up soon . June 23rd

• Advertisement
Advertisement