Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for christening

Options
  • 05-06-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi I am looking for a venue for a christening and I have a number of stipulations.
    My wife is adament that it is not in a pub. We live in Dublin city centre and the christening is in the late afternoon and it would be a mess to have it in a pub.
    I would like there to be finger food as opposed to sit down mean because there could be a lot of people at it (40 to 50) and a full meal would cost a packet.
    There will be kids at the christening so there is no way they will be able to sit down for the whole event. Ideally somewhere that is casual and where people can mingle freely - any advice is welcome.
    Thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

Have you thought about hiring a small conference room in a hotel and getting a caterer? Some hotels would probably even supply you with food and tea/coffee if you asked. These would all be much more expensive options than a pub though, as pubs will give you finger food very cheaply on the basis that you'll be buying drinks.

Alternatively, you could check out nostromo on Leeson street (www.nostromo.ie), I don't know much about them but a friend had a Christmas party there a while ago and said it was nice. It's a restaurant but you can hire it out and they do finger food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Is there any sports club nearby? A friend of mine hired the local rugby club and got caterers to do the food.

Advertisement