Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line stats changed

Options
  • 05-06-2009 1:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey guys,
    I bought a new modem coz my last modem was very faulty and my line statistics have changed. They are now slightly better than when I used the last linksys modem which was real bad and the netopia modem before that.

Im on the 7.6meg package with Eircom and these are now my line stats, the modem is plugged directly into the main socket. I get the feeling I should be capable of a higher speed, would this line stats suggest a higher speed is possible? Is it possible for Eircom to change my sync speed to even an extra meg?

Type Interleave Path

Data rate(Kbps)
    Up: 5120Kb Down: 512Kb

Noise Margin
    Up:13 Down: 15

Output power(dBm)
    Up: 16 Down: 136

Attenuation(dB)
    Up: 36 Down: 20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

7.6 is the max that eircom give, outside business packages. They won't give you any more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Gonzo wrote: »
    hey guys,
    I bought a new modem coz my last modem was very faulty and my line statistics have changed. They are now slightly better than when I used the last linksys modem which was real bad and the netopia modem before that.

Im on the 7.6meg package with Eircom and these are now my line stats, the modem is plugged directly into the main socket. I get the feeling I should be capable of a higher speed, would this line stats suggest a higher speed is possible? Is it possible for Eircom to change my sync speed to even an extra meg?

Type Interleave Path

Data rate(Kbps)
    Up: 5120Kb Down: 512Kb

Noise Margin
    Up:13 Down: 15

Output power(dBm)
    Up: 16 Down: 136

Attenuation(dB)
    Up: 36 Down: 20
    Nope, 5MB looks like your max, you would need an Attenuation of approx 25 dB or less to get 7.6MB.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cheers, ah i was hoping i cud possibly squeeze 6megs out of it.
    Hopefully if our exchange is ever upgraded to adsl2+ and the home packages become based on that standard that i mite get higher than 5meg someday.

Advertisement