Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lc music..

Options
  • 05-06-2009 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

So,what Irish music essays are you all doing?

I'm doing:

Ornamentation
    Dance tunes
    Seán Ó Riada
    Chieftains
    Collectors
    Sean Nós

Hopefully I'll be covered...what do you think?:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'jm trying to do the bare minimum too, I'm doing

Ornamentation
    Dance Tunes
    Frances O' Neill (but sometimes they ask for him AND Edward Bunting)
    Sean Nós
    Influence of Irish Music on America
    ...not sure what else really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Why the hell would you prepare that much for 10 MARKS! I'm just gonna look over Eddy Buntin the day before or something

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

My class did all those in the OP as well as ceoloirí chualann, and then specific instrument essays.
    I'm not gonna bother learning any of them, I've been playing trad for years and I'm dead interested in it, and its not marker hard, so I'll be grand!:)
    I can help anyone on here if they wanna ask anything about the irish music section as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Collectors
    Influence of Irish Music on Music of North America
    Fusions
    Sean Nos
    Irish Harping Tradition
    Changes from within the Tradition
    Features of the English Language Singing Tradition

It's such a ridiculous question, it should be worth at least 20 or 30 marks... can't afford to lose even 10 marks though so i'm gonna study it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Yeah the crazy thing about music is the amount of effort you put into some sections and you get like no marks for them.
    Irish essay: 2.5%
    Mozart, Beatles, Berlioz 2.5% each (assuming Seachanges is the big question)

I mean, you could spend hours revising Mozart and only get like 0.2% more, not really worth it!

Anyone got a concise source of essays on the internet somewhere? I have a few written out, but the Irish Music book is just massive for the rest of them. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Fusion
    Irish influence in N.A
    M.O'sullivan

Might gloss over one or two more the night befor. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Fusion
    Developments
    and Cheiftains

s'all folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Your better off focusing on your composing rather than this 10 mark question. Music is easy to achieve at least a C1 in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Not doing a tap for until after my second last exam on the 11th. Then I'll study for a few days and get my only possible A1 in the leaving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I'm pretty sure I have a solid 40% from the practical. Just concentrate on your melody writing and backing chords first and foremost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement