Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One voice, Two votes?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭

A fresh example of how badly this country is ran. Two relatives of mine have had 2 polling cards each sent to two different houses with different polling stations listed. If they wanted they could vote in both and no one would be the wiser from what I can see.
    I thought I'd mention it here to see if others are in the same situation or was this a once (twice?) off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

Well you know what they say, Vote Early and Vote Often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

myself and the wife get 2 cards each, are on the register in two different polling stations in the area due to slightly different address...

we only vote once of course....to do otherwise would be illegal.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Well Ive heard of a women who got three, I diehard FF voter too surprise surprise.

I think its about time the electoral register was connected with your PPS number. It might allow people to update their details easily on the Internet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ironic considering the OP's username. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

The electoral register in this country is a disgrace, they sent a polling card to my deceased Grandad. :mad: He died last September and there's clearly no system where his death cert is sent to the electoral register for his name to be crossed off. I'm assuming that the system is easy to break, I'm nearly 17 and would love to vote, even if it means cheating the system. My Grandad always voted against the government, I could use his card :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Bond-007 wrote: »

And I'm sure that if you have proof of what you are implying, you will be forwarding it to the relevant authorities, yes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

dave-higgz wrote: »
    My Grandad always voted against the government, I could use his card :rolleyes:
    I sure your granddad would not disprove if you use his vote to do the same for one last time, better get that mask with Grey hair and wrinkles on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Bond-007 wrote: »

:confused: Please tell me it's not the SF = Sinn Fein thing. If another person thinks that I think I'll cry :pac:

(For those that do it's a username I use in a lot of places, Shooter was taken so SF my initials were added)

If not nevermind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only got the one card myself, but two others that I'm sharing the house with had postal votes for back "home" and then cards for here as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I get 2 cards, one to my family's home address and one to my address in Dublin. Its a bit of a joke considering when you apply to change your constituency one of the declarations is to ask your original council to take you off the register there

Wasn't millions spent upgrading the register before the last general election. More money well spent....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

happens all the time

father and aunt both have 2 polling cards each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

My other half got two voting cards - one at our house and one at her parents.

She had written to registry after the time of the Lisbon Treaty about removing her vote from address of her parents and received a letter with confirmation that she had been removed.

But still got two this time round! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ShooterSF wrote: »
    :confused: Please tell me it's not the SF = Sinn Fein thing. If another person thinks that I think I'll cry :pac:

(For those that do it's a username I use in a lot of places, Shooter was taken so SF my initials were added)

If not nevermind.
    time for a namechange to....

happygilmoreshooter1aa.jpg

ShooterMcG

The content of this thread is disturbing. You know just how broken that makes your democratic system, yes?

Advertisement