Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Splashes!

• 05-06-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Free from college for a few months, I decided to try something new.
    I started yesterday, but without a dropper, the results were less than impressive.
    So here's my 2nd attempt.

3597186669_951ab64b3c.jpg

3597157741_ba6b8d81f6.jpg

3597986458_c481319dd6.jpg

3597188681_17bf67ae16.jpg

Click here to see them all!

And here's my student set-up: :D
    Hap-hazard, but does the job!

3597162191_8d8c6510c9.jpg
    Shutter was remotely released withg one hand and dropped aimed and squeezed with the other! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

To be honest I like the last photo best!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Messy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Haha!
    Thought some people would. I was ggoing for a Francis Bacon thing, there... :pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

is that a disposible razor in the middle of your equipment?

Ehhh... yes.
    Well, see last night I had no way of dropping the food colouring onto the bowl, so I noticed one of the razors had a hole in the middle, so I filled that up and tilted it. Didn't work.

Then I used an ice-cream wrapper. I cut a teeny-bit out of the bottom and gfilled that up and used that to drop.

Then I bought a dropper in Tescos this morning.

...Did I mention Im a student?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

That last picture looked like the mother of all shaving cuts for a moment! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

They are really cool!
    Been thinking about doing something like that myself but judging from the mess!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

They are really nice images, Like what your trying to do here and the vibrant colours work really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I tried it a few months ago - spent about an hour taking pics, then 3 hours cleaning the kitchen :) Yours seemed to work better!

Well you could do it without much mess Jen, but once you get into it you really don't stop to recap bottles (obvious, here). If you had somone helping you could do it without half the mess.

I need to build something that will drop the droplets automatically now, though... Y'know, to steady the aim and to know when to release the shutter. I smell a project coming on!

• Advertisement

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Well you could do it without much mess Jen,
    He lies. It's impossible.
    I need to build something that will drop the droplets automatically now, though... Y'know, to steady the aim and to know when to release the shutter. I smell a project coming on!

I considered rigging something up using two squirrels, a candle and a mirror, then tried getting my kitchen tap to drip. I finally found that a plastic cup with a pin hole in the bottom will drip, but the drips can be a bit erratic.

A plastic cup, you say?

Now that's an option! Though I do want to release two drops within say a half second of each other, so I'd need something more controllable.

TWO CUPS, perhaps! :D

Two cups, a squirrel and some blue-tak on a stick?

Edit - new thought
    What would be really great is an IV of saline (without the needly bit, obviously). Or possibly some kind of siphon with a narrow neck tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

To be honest I like the last photo best!!!!!
    ditto, looks like a massacre at morph's house. :)

TonyHart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheWealth

whyulittle wrote: »
    Messy. :)

might of been messy but I'd say it was fun!

Advertisement