Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Lures

Options
  • 05-06-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Am off lure fishing for pike this weekend and was going through the lure box to see what I should bring....

.....Bloody hell I've loads of the things!

Thing is I've only really consistently caught on a few old favourites, so its a case of the lure catching the angler really.

My favourite top 3 would be

1. Copper spoons - Without a doubt the most consistent catcher
    2. Bulldogs - Great for bigger fish (My P.B. came on a trolled Bulldog.)
    3. Salmo Fatso - The hail mary last gasp 'get me a jack' lure!

As I have faith in these three, all the others don't even get a look in really and spend little time in the water, (bar some topwaters.)

What about the rest of ye?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

If I had to boil it down to two lures for consistent results :

Rapala or ABU Killer or Bomber Long A (whichever) in floater-diver silver/black 5" to 7" length
    rapala-magnum-18-black-silver.jpg

Spoonplug size 500 to 700 yellow-green-frog or yellow-orange-silver
    82_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Only started lure fishing a year ago, after a Bass fishing trip in the states.

My favourite lure so far is a Rapala DT-3 Fat Firetiger Crankbait. Caught lots of pike on this, had 8 pike on it during a 3 hour session last weekend. Pike really seem to hate this lure :)

If that isn't working, I use a silver pattern of the same lure, or a deeper diving variant. Really good lures these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭thefinner

Believe it or not i caught many a pike on a yellow Flying C. Id swear by them and always have some in the tackle box

Advertisement