Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for a week

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This is the Help Desk. We don't do polls here.

As for those pics, I'm not seeing anything funny about them.
    If I recall correctly, there were more pics than that in your origional post. Worse the the above.
    Yes they are misogynist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I cant remember all of them but here is a link http://www.oddee.com/item_96674.aspx

they are an example of adverts that were actually published in major newspapers and magazines in the 50ies\60ies

how is it any different to the pics posted here?

oh yeah i posted this with a poll in beerguts and it got moved here

I have shown these to a number of female family\friends while they couldnt believe these were actually real. They in fact all amused them greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Admittedly they are similarly mysoginistic to these images. I don't know the precise alignment of the BGRH forum as I don't post there, but I would imagine that it has evolved away from such humour.

But you're best PMing the mods of the forum to make that a bit clearer, unless the charter answers that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I modded BGRH for a while and post there every day. As Gordon said, BGRH has evolved away from anything mysoginistic. It's there for a bit of fun but there are limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

so lads reading between the lines ye are saying that all the fun has been sucked out of this forum

so I think I will just stay clear of the forum for the foreseeable future, if such harmless pics warranted a completely over the top overreaction by the mod that dished out the ban

• Advertisement
Advertisement