Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Flannigan Joins List Of Actors To Speak Out About Cancellations Etc...

• 05-06-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

From Gateworld.
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/06/flanigan-talks-atlantis-cancellation/

So Flannigan basically says that the powers that be don't care about how they treat the actors.

The article quotes him saying he will not appear in SGU.
    This could be interpreted in many ways ( I don't see how Sheppard could appear in it) but I interpret it as him saying, if he was approached, he would say no.
    Interesting point and not too dis-similar to what Tori Higginson did.

He also uses the words 'since I quit the show' so he may have a skewed perception of what happened there.

So he's next line of the actors to speak out, following Higginson, Don S. Davis and Teryl Rothery.

Could this be a new trend?

Comments

Does this mean that we won't be seeing him in the Atlantis film?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Funnily enough, after having a go at the powers that be, he does go on to say he would probably go back for a future Atlantis project.

Funnily enough, after having a go at the powers that be, he does go on to say he would probably go back for a future Atlantis project.

I was a bit puzzled when I read that. I think that he's recognised that like many sci fi actors his future career is more than likely nothing but sci fi original films followed by movies for the Asylum.

His upcomng mini series looks great though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What did Don S Davis say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

He had a big moan about how the writers became puppets to the studio executives.
    Moaned about the killing off of Fraiser and cited it as one of the reasons he decided to finally part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement