Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prototype Reviews ?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

bad reviews all over? Game Rankings and Metacritic averaged are all above 80%!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Branoic wrote: »

there seems to be a perverse mentality among the gaming public that a game getting under 90 is bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Branoic wrote: »
    well im going on ign and friends have it too! i played it on the ps3 in my friends house today and tbh its not great, it is a good idea but it just seems to have too much going on at once! so since i have played it now i feel my comment is more justified again!

i just cant see how this game can get a review over seven out of ten! anyways some people like it and im only one opinion so good luck if you want to buy it anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

well im going on ign and friends have it too! i played it on the ps3 in my friends house today and tbh its not great, it is a good idea but it just seems to have too much going on at once! so since i have played it now i feel my comment is more justified again!

i just cant see how this game can get a review over seven out of ten! anyways some people like it and im only one opinion so good luck if you want to buy it anyways!

ign reviewed it 7.5 out of 10... That's above a 7.

My brother picked it up, haven't played it much myself but really like it. Trying to do missions with stealth in mind is tough, then all hell breaks loose. Great game so far, although, poor draw distance, not great graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think the GamesTM review system is great. 5 is average, 6 is okay, 7 is good, 8 is very good, 9 is excellent, 10 is genre defining. 7.5 out of 10 is by no means a bad score. While I was disappointed with the longevity of the game, it was a fun game, and there is a lot of replay value if you like games and races, which I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Picked it up today. So far its good fun. Nothing special, but fun. Might trade it soon for Red Faction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Finished it today and ultimately, I'm disappointed. It does have fun moments, but the story ends abruptly and with a whimper, forgets about certain story elements and is very underwhelming.

The last mission is just lazy writing IMO (without spoiling anything, you'll know what I mean when you see what you are up against right at the end) and in the end, the whole "web of intrigue" is a convoluted mess as a way to tell a story, which seems to go nowhere. I doubt I'll bother doing all the free roam crap, so I'll probably just trade it in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I like it. I've also picked up infamous and red faction lately and it holds it's own against them, though they are both a little bit better IMO. One thing I don't like is I find the movement controls very impercise, to the point that that the checkpoint race events are an exercise in frustration - far too easy to overshoot a checkpoint.

Also, while on the subject of the checkpoint races - I prefer the way infamous did it, the idea that you have to run by the satellite uplinks to charge them, as it ties into the game and gives the race event some gameworld purpose. With Prototype it's just "here's some glowing checkpoints - go race by them" - like why would the game's character ever actually do that?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

True, if they were infected pidgeons or something it would be somewhat clever funny.

Advertisement