Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

media studies???

• 05-06-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hey all im moving to maynooth for the media studies degree in september and was just wondering if any of the maynooth boardsies were doing media studies and if so could give me some info on it...good??crap??whatever...

Also whats it like living on campus??...is there many rules n stuff??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tsukanda

NOOOOO!!!

Sorry for the late reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Philly Notaro

Tsukanda wrote: »
    NOOOOO!!!

Sorry for the late reply.

NOOOOOOOOO! to what???haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Sweetie79

Hey all im moving to maynooth for the media studies degree in september and was just wondering if any of the maynooth boardsies were doing media studies and if so could give me some info on it...good??crap??whatever...

Also whats it like living on campus??...is there many rules n stuff??

i was delighted to get the place myself,so nervous as i have no clue what to expect :) did you do journalism in the past ?:)

Sweetie79 wrote: »
    i was delighted to get the place myself,so nervous as i have no clue what to expect :) did you do journalism in the past ?:)

Yeah i jus did a 1 year certificate in journalism and got the distinctions i need for media studies:D Did u already get offered a place? Thats cool i just hav to wait for the college to get my results and admissions said i should be grand.. Did u do any media in the past??:)

i am a mature student and got my answer shortly after the interview,about three weeks ago.just have to wait from the letter of cao but that will not make any differents,i think i just have to answer that i will take up a place in nuim.

i worked for free on the radio on the programme aimed at teenagers or just young people.once a week friday evening we'd go on air with various interviews and different materials,depend on the subject.some sound editing involved and we had our own playlist,which i thought was very cool,if not the best ;)but the was like hundred years ago so lots to learn :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

i worked for free on the radio on the programme aimed at teenagers or just young people.once a week friday evening we'd go on air with various interviews and different materials,depend on the subject.some sound editing involved and we had our own playlist,which i thought was very cool,if not the best ;)but the was like hundred years ago so lots to learn :)

In Maynooth? What sort of set up do they have?

no,in my own country:) before i came over here:)

no,in my own country:) before i came over here:)

Where are u from anyway??... yeah i got to pick the playlist on my show aswell:D
    and i thought doing that and presenting it was pretty cool...apart from hearing my radio voice i have a strong dublin accent haha!!
    a mature student?cool u must be really interested in it to go back to college n do it.

I am from your sister country Poland :) I loved it soooo much being on air.obviously i was only nineteen,twenty and really silly taste in music but still it was so much fun talking to different personality "not famous at all" or "a little famous" :).the software that we were editing the interviews on was quite easy to use,but im sure it was just a simple one.i am looking forward to what we will be using in maynooth.
    I am crazy exited :)getting this course,being madly in love in radio journalism,and cant wait to get on with studies.never done it in Poland,couldnt afford it.

I am from your sister country Poland :) I loved it soooo much being on air.obviously i was only nineteen,twenty and really silly taste in music but still it was so much fun talking to different personality "not famous at all" or "a little famous" :).the software that we were editing the interviews on was quite easy to use,but im sure it was just a simple one.i am looking forward to what we will be using in maynooth.
    I am crazy exited :)getting this course,being madly in love in radio journalism,and cant wait to get on with studies.never done it in Poland,couldnt afford it.

Yeah we edited interviews on software called adobe audition.. maynooth use much more advanced software i think.
    U sound so excited haha its nice to hear your enthusiasm:D
    U should email some radio stations asking for work experience during the summer.. i have no idea what to expect from the TV subjects but im up for the challenge:)

• Advertisement

emailing various radiostations is a genius idea.especially if ure a dub and living in the capital.i myself will be comuting from carlow,but i might be trying to do it for the weekends.good one.
    from what i understood the tv subject are all about production,but there's probably more to it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Yeah we edited interviews on software called adobe audition.. maynooth use much more advanced software i think.
    U sound so excited haha its nice to hear your enthusiasm:D
    U should email some radio stations asking for work experience during the summer.. i have no idea what to expect from the TV subjects but im up for the challenge:)

For editing interviews adobe audition is more than sufficient and can sometimes just over complicate things.

i dont know the name of the one in poland but it was really simple.just plain line of sound.basicly you highlighted piece you wanted to delete.very very simple.

Yeah email a few stations and see what happens. Some guy did a communications degree and emailed the biggest radio station in dub for a weeks work experience.. and now a few years on hes head of news at the station...Anyways i guess ill see you in september,or at the university day on saturday:p

Advertisement