Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options
  • 05-06-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

thread for whats happening in the Rio needed imo

so Ivey won his 6th bracelet. Fair play to him but while the fan boys are creaming themselves how big an achievement is it to win this event. $96k for a new no limit low draw event with 147 runners. I'm not knocking Ivey but the event seems pretty meh. I'm thinking that there is way to many bracelet events, I know he cleaned up on the prop bets but thats beside the point. This event has a smaller field and prizepool then a side event at the IO, how much of an achievement was it for Ivey to win it. Watching the immediate aftermath of his win all Ivey wanted to do was jump straight into the $10k mixed event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

He probably won over a million in prop bets so any bracelet will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

He said during the HU that he wins 3 million from props if he wins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

karpov33 wrote: »
    He probably won over a million in prop bets so any bracelet will do
    Alot more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

There's small fields in most events that arent NLHE or PLO in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

mdwexford wrote: »
    There's small fields in most events that arent NLHE or PLO in fairness.

plus in terms of skill NL 2-7 is right up there with NLH + PLO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I watched a little bit of the headsup last night, 100% most boring thing ever.

lafortezza wrote: »
    I watched a little bit of the headsup last night, 100% most boring thing ever.

wrong, if it was limit you would have capped yourself

I watched about six hours of it FML seemed a very basic two street game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

cuterob wrote: »
    wrong, if it was limit you would have capped yourself
    Limit would have been much more interesting IMO. At least then there'd be a little action... I watched it for a bit too, really just to see if Ivey would win, but my god, it was mind numbingly boring!!!

• Advertisement

Ste05 wrote: »
    Limit would have been much more interesting IMO. At least then there'd be a little action... I watched it for a bit too, really just to see if Ivey would win, but my god, it was mind numbingly boring!!!

i watched 10 seconds of it and turned it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

To put this in perspective, Ivey left his first prize winnings as a tip for the dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

To put this in perspective, Ivey left his first prize winnings as a tip for the dealers.

is the true or a wind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Donkathon wrote: »
    is the true or a wind up?

could'nt be a fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

could'nt be a fact!

What the fk does that mean?

Kabbaj, Grundy and Paul Parker on FT on mixed plh/plo 450 starters, Kabbaj out in 8th, 453 starters

Bansi bubbled ft of six handed nlh 1500 runners

nicnicnic wrote: »
    Kabbaj, Grundy and Paul Parker on FT on mixed plh/plo 450 starters, Kabbaj out in 8th, 453 starters

Bansi bubbled ft of six handed nlh 1500 runners

it's getting usual to see europeans going deep when omaha is involved alright, are you not playing the gjp game nicnic?

it's getting usual to see europeans going deep when omaha is involved alright, are you not playing the gjp game nicnic?

nah taking a few weeks out before I head to Vegas, think I'll play that wsop satt up your way next Saturday though.

nah taking a few weeks out before I head to Vegas, think I'll play that wsop satt up your way next Saturday though.

ah yea i might give that a whirl, free drink in there and all that, most of the player will be lol bad

ah yea i might give that a whirl, free drink in there and all that, most of the player will be lol bad

you can add me to this category the way I've been playing the last two months, how many starters do you reckon they'll get.

• Advertisement

you can add me to this category the way I've been playing the last two months, how many starters do you reckon they'll get.

4-5 tables i'd say, i dont know too much about the place though, dont play there much, there isn't many poker tables in there last time i was there, but i'm sure they'll have enough to facilitate a good few, they'd need around 40 runners to meet the gtd i think

see that former SE regular (8th in last years winter festival ) Warran Woodall is 7th in chips with 25 out of 1646 starters remaining in the £2k nlh. Hellmuth still in that but low

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hellmuth is actually busted, 66 vs JT AIPF, 37QKA board.

Say he took that one on the chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

see that former SE regular (8th in last years winter festival ) Warran Woodall is 7th in chips with 25 out of 1646 starters remaining in the £2k nlh. Hellmuth still in that but low

Is that the young American dude-very good player if the most charming punter in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Doyle and Huck Seed in with a shout of a bracelet today in the $10,000 World Championship Mixed Event, great to see either of them take it down.

jbravado wrote: »
    Is that the young American dude-very good player if the most charming punter in the world.

yeah Oz's side kick, fair hair, went back to the states last Nov. I think he was affiliate manager at full tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

warren is a very nice guy - would love to see him scoop the bracelet.

s Warran Woodall is 7th in chips with 25 left

jinxed

24 $ 14,828 Warren Woodall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

DeWolfe and Ivey in the last 20 who return in the 2500 holdem event. Ivey is terminally short though.

Negranu has a bucket load if chips coming back as one of the 11 players in 2500 limit 6 handed holdem - he must be a the jolly to take this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Andy Black through to Day 2 in the $5k NLH
    Andy Black is in Good Spririts

Andy Black stepped away from his table to stretch his legs and we took the opportunity to ask him how he's doing. "I've got 72," he said. "I turned 40 into 2 bluffing, and turned 2 into 72. I'm OK."

165 left out of the 655 runners.

Advertisement