Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

just got a few irish updates there:

with 1388 left

albert 170k
    nicky 66k
    marty bust, aa vs 74
    reecy bust
    big mick G 120k
    andy black 280k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

God the Pokernews coverage is awful. 1000+ players left, but they only list chip counts for ~300.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Only so many reporters, notable chipcounts are all people want, obv not goin to have 1278 chip counts.

Think the coverage is good as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

mdwexford wrote: »
    Only so many reporters, notable chipcounts are all people want, obv not goin to have 1278 chip counts.

Think the coverage is good as always.

This. Also good show by the defending champ so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

fatguy wrote: »
    God the Pokernews coverage is awful. 1000+ players left, but they only list chip counts for ~300.

There's nothing they can do about that. Harrah's prob giving them less access than ever.

Day 2B chip counts weren't published for 12 hours and there's no way that was pokernews' fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Elky chip leader on 1.38m

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Elky chip leader on 1.38m

What day is this officially in WSOP? 3 or 4? What day do you cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,529 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It was day 3, and what happened to the name change. It would have been good if you kept it for the whole wsop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yeah that was Day 3. Approx 800 players left so ~150 off the money

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭akkenny

still there with 800 left, mick g has 330k i think and iv 66k, what i started that day with, was on 260k with an hour to go before playing one hand like a muppet, ended up being a 300k pot having top 2 against a set but should never have made the river, anyway still there need an early double up tomorrow and ill be right back in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

323.5k. really close to the cash now! :D around 800 left 648 paid. id be disgusted not to cash now. av. is around 250k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    323.5k. really close to the cash now! :D around 800 left 648 paid. id be disgusted not to cash now. av. is around 250k

nice stuff Albert n Mick, hope ye take a lump home, 647 plyers from the ultimate prize keep her lit.

any other updats ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

BIGMICKG wrote: »

Wp mick, glgl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

akkenny wrote: »
    still there with 800 left, mick g has 330k i think and iv 66k, what i started that day with, was on 260k with an hour to go before playing one hand like a muppet, ended up being a 300k pot having top 2 against a set but should never have made the river, anyway still there need an early double up tomorrow and ill be right back in it

gl tomoro albert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

cheers lads. na no other updates really. actually nicky power is still in. on 150k i think. andy black is still in but dont know his stack. also vesty is still in not sure of his stack either. only remaining irish im aware of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

End of day 3 chip counts for Irish from WSOP main event

195 Nealon, Fergal Sligo Ireland 325,500
    197 Graydon, Michael Dublin Ireland 323,500
    279 Black, Andrew Dublin Ireland 277,500
    422 Muster, Raymond Dublin Ireland 192,000 (Ray Masters?)
    664 Geoghegan, Sylvester Mulligan Ireland 89,500
    674 Milligan, Steven Ballymena Ireland 86,000
    719 Kenny, Albert Dublin Ireland 66,500
    789 Power, Nicky Ireland DNR

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

oh god I really hope Elky doens't win this. But probably good for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Tight Ted wrote: »

Sure he must be a big favourite now with only 10% of the field left, and he has many chips

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Sure he must be a big favourite now with only 10% of the field left, and he has many chips

+ he is the ****ing nuts.

If he does win at least I can say I've sat at the table with a world champ (in some dumb $22 reload on Stars).

NickyOD wrote: »
    There's nothing they can do about that. Harrah's prob giving them less access than ever.

Day 2B chip counts weren't published for 12 hours and there's no way that was pokernews' fault.
    Fair enough. They could still make some kind of effort. I mean particularly annoying is when someone is simply called "opponent". Especially when they win the hand, they should get their name in lights for a minute for outplaying some of the best in the world. It's lazy journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

1.3millionish....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Great showing so far u guys...keep it going...only 700 ish fishies left and one of yas can bring home d bracelet in november..Glglglgl

Fair enough. They could still make some kind of effort. I mean particularly annoying is when someone is simply called "opponent". Especially when they win the hand, they should get their name in lights for a minute for outplaying some of the best in the world. It's lazy journalism.

This is a lazy assumption IMO. While i have seen one or two lazy live reporters in my time (only at the WSOP i hasten to add) they are very rare i can assure you.

Poker News and Card Player teams (dunno about Poker Listings) at the WSOP are about half the size they were last year.

The information they provide is free to the end user so if you're unhappy with the efforts of chip counters and live reporters feel free to go and do something about it.

Sitting around criticising something you're getting for free seems somewhat churlish in the current economic climate (or during any climate).

No one is forcing you to accept 'lazy journalism'. Either don't read it or get out and do it better.

This is a lazy assumption IMO. While i have seen one or two lazy live reporters in my time (only at the WSOP i hasten to add) they are very rare i can assure you.

Poker News and Card Player teams (dunno about Poker Listings) at the WSOP are about half the size they were last year.

The information they provide is free to the end user so if you're unhappy with the efforts of chip counters and live reporters feel free to go and do something about it.

Sitting around criticising something you're getting for free seems somewhat churlish in the current economic climate (or during any climate).

No one is forcing you to accept 'lazy journalism'. Either don't read it or get out and do it better.

I'll be on a plane to vegas tomorrow then. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

This post reminds me a bit of the guy on the films forum who told me if I didn't like the Star Trek movie I should make my own film. I think we are all entitled to an opinion.

Despite that I agree with you that it's a bit unfair to criticise these guys. It's a tough job and I fully accept that they have to concentrate on the big names or end up with little or no updates. If I was playing I would in no way expect them to want to know who I am if I won a pot against Phil Helmuth.

They have to keep moving and keep gathering as much info as they can and it's an obvious move to stick with the known players. If you win the WSOP they will want to know your chip count the following year and thats just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Kind of annoyed me last year was staying at the hotel and there was this scandi lad there with a group who like us drank a lot. He would blow some money playing $1-2 drunk.

He told me he final tabled an ept and that he was sponsored into wsop. Then a day or two later he told us he got knocked out of it by annie duke v early it was a suck out. When i went to check it the hand was there but no name. It really killed me not to know for sure because we were certain he was talking rubbish up to that point.

I'll be on a plane to vegas tomorrow then. :rolleyes:

Unlikely. I've seen your Sharkscope graph :pac:

I just wanted to make the point that there are so many variables involved in live reporting (from who pays for the live reporters, to the access they have, to the length of shifts they're working, to the information they are supplied with by organisers, to the amount tables they have to cover, to technical infrastructure etc...) that to assume it's lazy journalism is insulting to the vast majority who do it with enthusiasm, accuracy and blinding fast speed, often working 12, 14 and 16 hour shifts.

No need to reinvent the Star Trek film!

Unlikely. I've seen your Sharkscope graph
    ZING!
    This post reminds me a bit of the guy on the films forum who told me if I didn't like the Star Trek movie I should make my own film. I think we are all entitled to an opinion.
    Haha nice one. I still stand by it. Pokernews make money from advertising every time I view their site. They're not doing it for charity. The least they could do is jot down the name of the player who took a few chips off Helmuth and acknowledge him when they post about it.

It's laziness. They assume that people only want to know what the likes of Helmuth and Ivey are doing, so they only bother to post details of famous players. That's what gets the hits to the site and that's what brings in the ad revenue. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if the people on the floor gather all the details, and that the editors who post the updates are the ones I should be annoyed with.

I'm not gonna write them a strongly worded letter, boycott the site or start an e-poll to get them to change their demonic ways. I'm just venting my frustrations with their processes on an internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grahamasters

yep my da's orginal name is ray muster go on da about time ya cashed this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Tight Ted wrote: »

I hope he does well. He is a deadly player and I was very impressed by him. He dosen't have 6mill in cashes for nothing. I found out the other day that I played with "kipster", he has won a WSOPE and a WSOP braclet and also 2 Sunday millions!!! I ran pretty bad with table draws.

Go on Nicky, will head down later on to check on you!!. Can anyone tell me what seat he is in for today or any of the other Irish?

Advertisement