Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Bubble time pic from Joe Sebok

wp740d27bc_0f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭boogey man

IS NICKY STILL IN CAN ANYONE BE CERTAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

FFS:

Big Laydown Disappoints Everyone

Josh Chait raises to 16,000 and Jaroslaw Jaskiewicz made the call from the cutoff. Joey Michael now reraised all in for 200,000 and Chait tanked for perhaps 10 minutes before folding, Jaskiewicz folded {10-Hearts} {10-Clubs} and Chait showed the {K-Clubs} {K-Hearts} that he had folded.

Michael flashed the {K-Diamonds} as they mucked and Chait went into a rant against himself for making the fold, kicking his own chair at one point.

We're still on the bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

We thought we had our bubble boy. Over on Table 19, a short stack was all in with aa and called by a player with kj. Things were grim for the player with aces after a flop of k8j made two pair for his opponent. But the turn and river came running deuces, 2 and 2, to make a bigger two pair for the short-stacked and all-in player. When Jack Effel announced the action to the room, a smattering of boos went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭akkenny

ill clear things up, albert kenny goes out 14 places before the money, albert is really sick at the moment, played ace jack from under the gun with 14 players left to go with 115k when blinds were 2-4k, should never have been involved in the hand to begin with, turns out the hand was a bit of a cooler me having top set against 9s full, with 12k left on the button i **** with ace 2 get called by 10 7 and funny enough if i win this hand i fold to the money, he hits a 7 on the river and just the worst feeling in the world came inside me. that was the last hand before the break and straight after the first break they went straight into hand for hand and after like 4 hands they were only 3 away from the cash, as sick as i felt after the aj hand the a2 v 10 7 was actually worse.

• Advertisement

ill clear things up, albert kenny goes out 14 places before the money, albert is really sick at the moment, played ace jack from under the gun with 14 players left to go with 115k when blinds were 2-4k, should never have been involved in the hand to begin with, turns out the hand was a bit of a cooler me having top set against 9s full, with 12k left on the button i ship with ace 2 get called by 10 7 and funny enough if i win this hand i fold to the money, he hits a 7 on the river and just the worst feeling in the world came inside me. that was the last hand before the break and straight after the first break they went straight into hand for hand and after like 4 hands they were only 3 away from the cash, as sick as i felt after the aj hand the a2 v 10 7 was actually worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

akkenny wrote: »
    ill clear things up, albert kenny goes out 14 places before the money, albert is really sick at the moment, played ace jack from under the gun with 14 players left to go with 115k when blinds were 2-4k, should never have been involved in the hand to begin with, turns out the hand was a bit of a cooler me having top set against 9s full, with 12k left on the button i **** with ace 2 get called by 10 7 and funny enough if i win this hand i fold to the money, he hits a 7 on the river and just the worst feeling in the world came inside me. that was the last hand before the break and straight after the first break they went straight into hand for hand and after like 4 hands they were only 3 away from the cash, as sick as i felt after the aj hand the a2 v 10 7 was actually worse.

ul sir

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

ul kenny wp, dont beat yourself up over it. Next year mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Bingjian Wu raised to 12,500 from under-the-gun and Michael Graydon made the call before action folded to Bernard Perner who raised to 35,500 from the small bind. Wu and Graydon both made the call and we saw a flop of ks.gif2d.gif4c.gif.

Perner bet 33,500 and Wu folded before Graydon raised to 90,000. Perner tanked before finally calling. The turn brought the as.gif and a bet of 58,500 from Perner. Graydon just called and we saw the river, which brought the 3c.gif and a potential wheel. Perner took some time before checking to Graydon who bet 120,000. This time, Perner went deep into the tank, taking nearly five minutes before finally calling. When Graydon showed qs.gif2s.gif for a pair of twos, Perner happily tabled qc.gifqd.gif and took the monster pot.

Bit unlucky. Seems like it was a great time to bluff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭boogey man

very very ul, I know no consolation but good show though great play to get so far ul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

shano_88 wrote: »
    Bingjian Wu raised to 12,500 from under-the-gun and Michael Graydon made the call before action folded to Bernard Perner who raised to 35,500 from the small bind. Wu and Graydon both made the call and we saw a flop of ks.gif2d.gif4c.gif.

Perner bet 33,500 and Wu folded before Graydon raised to 90,000. Perner tanked before finally calling. The turn brought the as.gif and a bet of 58,500 from Perner. Graydon just called and we saw the river, which brought the 3c.gif and a potential wheel. Perner took some time before checking to Graydon who bet 120,000. This time, Perner went deep into the tank, taking nearly five minutes before finally calling. When Graydon showed qs.gif2s.gif for a pair of twos, Perner happily tabled qc.gifqd.gif and took the monster pot.

Bit unlucky. Seems like it was a great time to bluff....

304000 gone in this hand, he must be just hanging on now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Hard luck Albert, your not the type to fold into the money and thats why you are the player you are.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/iain/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-16.jpg[/IMG] oops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

lol ^^^

Smart girl ....
    Christina Renz has been sitting on the short stack for most of the day. Just now she was in the small blind, and the the table folded around to her. She looked down at her hand, then at the 50,000 or so she had remaining.

Before acting, she had a question. If she turned her cards face up, would it kill the hand? The floor was called over, and it was explained that it wouldn't kill the hand, though she'd face a penalty for exposing her cards.

Renz decided against turning her cards over, and shoved her stack in the middle. The big blind folded, and then she showed her pocket aces.

pop - bubble burst

wierd bubble hand :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭BRUCEPOKER.COM

nicky just text me der he is in da money :D:D wd nicky
    paul..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Ul Albert, superb show and no doubt you'll be back again next year.

Would you prefere to limp into the money twice or get a huge score once knowing you played it right.

Lol at the bubble hand btw....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Pretty IlLoL (on the bubble, i know i'd have shoved, i always call even when i Know)

Brian Hodhod opened the pot with a raise to 12,000 from middle position. In the next seat over, Michael Shvartsman made the call. Two more seats over on the button, David Diaz announced a re-raise, pushing out 52,000 chips. It didn't take long for Hodhod to decide on his action. He re-raised to 133,000 rather quickly, leaving exactly 90,000 behind. Just as quickly, Shvartsman moved all in for a total of 226,500, having Hodhod covered by just 3,500 lonely chips. Diaz quickly folded out of the way, leaving Hodhod to take a good long soak in the tank.

After several minutes of deep consideration, it became relatively clear what the two players were holding. "I know you have it," said Hodhod, "but I'm supposed to call. It's pretty obvious what you have here." More deep thought. "I mean, I know this happens. But I can't believe this is actually happening to me right now. If this was any spot other than the bubble, the money would have been in there so fast."

With about five massive cameras, three sound guys, and a whole gaggle of media and wandering players crowding around the table, Hodhod continued to tussle with his decision. "Well, I came to win this tournament," he said, shooting a glance over at his opponent. "Oh man, this is so big. Do you, like, have 'it' though?" he asked. "Do you have ace-ace?" As expected, there was no response from Shvartsman who was rocking back and forth in his chair.

Finally, Hodhod pulled his cards up in front of his face, showed them to the dealer, and mucked kh.gifks.gif face-up. Shvartsman tapped the felt and opened up as.gifda.gif. Hodhod dodged bullets, staving off what would have been near-certain elimination for the time being

• Advertisement

For those who can't get to pokernews, bubble hand was
    After being blinded and anted down over the past level, Kia Hamadani was finally all in for his 500-chip ante as Reed Hensel raised it up to 17,000 from the hijack position. Both blinds made the call.

The flop landed {Q-Hearts}{6-Hearts}{Q-Diamonds} and Hensel fired 20,000 to force folds from the two live players.

Incredibly, Hensel tabled an imaginative {9-Hearts}{2-Clubs}, perhaps to the dismay of the remaining 647 players in the room who wanted to burst this bubble. However they didn't need to worry as Hamadani could only find {4-Clubs}{3-Hearts} in the hole as Hensel held the lead with his nine-high.

Hensel sealed the deal when the {9-Diamonds} spiked on the turn and followed it up with the {9-Spades} on the river to take down the pot.

shoutman wrote: »
    Ul Albert, superb show and no doubt you'll be back again next year.

Would you prefere to limp into the money twice or get a huge score once knowing you played it right.

Lol at the bubble hand btw....

i think the only hands i should have been playing in that situation given my stack size was aa and kk, with the tourney been so top heavy like 20k the difference between 650 and 100 and 14 players to go to the money i should have secured the 20k and then went for it. im an idiot for playing the hand and im so discusted i played it and obviously it was only after the hand that i questioned myself for playing that hand, harsh lesson but one i wont forget

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

unlucky albert. well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

i think the only hands i should have been playing in that situation given my stack size was aa and kk, with the tourney been so top heavy like 20k the difference between 650 and 100 and 14 players to go to the money i should have secured the 20k and then went for it. im an idiot for playing the hand and im so discusted i played it and obviously it was only after the hand that i questioned myself for playing that hand, harsh lesson but one i wont forget

vul man...its a hard pill to swallow but as you said its a lesson youll never forget. fair paly on a great performance all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Ul

People were folding KK left right and centre and I'd guess a few quietly folded AA preflop.

Unique situation more like deal or no deal than poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Grafter wrote: »
    People were folding KK left right and centre and I'd guess a few quietly folded AA preflop.

Unique situation more like deal or no deal than poker.

I guess a 20k bubble will make you do stuff you would normally never do especially if you satted in and are hovering around busto.

Raymond Muster Eliminated By Joe Sebok

In an all in preflop pot, Raymond Muster held {A-Diamonds} {K-Diamonds} against the {K-Spades} {K-Clubs} of Joe Sebok.

The board came {7-Spades} {5-Spades} {4-Spades} {4-Clubs} {2-Spades} giving Sebok the king high flush and the pot.

Joe Sebok - 458,000
    Raymond Muster - eliminated

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Chip updates for some of the more well known players still left.

ElkY - 1720000
    Blair Hinkle - 1450000
    Phil Ivey - 950000
    Kenny Tran - 800000
    Lou Diamond Phillips - 755000
    Dennis Phillips - 630000
    David Benyamine - 600000
    Andy Black - 535000
    Kevin Saul - 520000
    JC Tran - 510000
    Nick Schulman - 480000
    Dan Harrington - 460000