Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I only see 3 Irish for day 5.

Fergal Nealon - 299000
    Nicky Power - 155000
    Andy Black - 374000

Is there anyone I've missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

what time does it start back at tonight ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

already started back

preview HERE for today with tables for remaining Irish and a mention of the three other Irish cashes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭BRUCEPOKER.COM

Nicky busted just der now ak v aq ul Nicky !!
    but well played also m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Very unlucky Nicky, well done on a great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,529 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

wow worldseriesofpoker.com has so many viewers its exceeded what it can handle. I couldn't get onto the site and got a message about overflow of traffic, I tried it earlier and it just got stuck loading.

Anways two from last years 'November nine' still in. Dennis Phillips and the champ Peter Eastgate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭caoimh36

Great result Nicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Well done, Nicky.

Edit: Stars reporting Fergal Nealon is gone as well. Only Andy Black flying the flag.

Sick UL Nicky..head up and fair play...hit the bar and catch up on your missed drinkin..Great show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

From Card Player:

Shulman Busts Andy Black

We weren’t able to get close enough to the action since Jeff Shulman is at the feature table, but somehow he had eliminated Andy Black from the tournament and doubled up to 640,000 in chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Pat was watching Andys exit, Andy raised pre, called, 8 7 2 flop checked, shulman lead turn 5 and put Andy in on 5 river, shulman 88 Andy 44

• Registered Users Posts: 38,529 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well with no Irish left I'm gonna shout for this lad now. I like all them hit squad lads, sunny, praz and chaz et al.
    New Chip Leader. Akenhead Breaches 3 Million Mark.

James Akenhead has doubled up to become the first player over 3 million chips.

Eracles Panayiotou raised to 26,000 from the cutoff and Akenhead made it 80,000 from the small blind, Panayiotou called.

The flop was qd.gif7s.gif3s.gif and Akenhead bet 130,000, Panayiotou called and they saw a 8c.gif turn. Akenhead bet 190,000 and Panayiotou raised to 430,000.

Akenhead called this time before checking the kc.gif river. Panayioutou set the Brit all in for his remaining 800,000 or so and Akenhead immediately called with the nuts, kd.gifkc.gif for top set. Panayiotou's bluff with 6c.gif4s.gif was caught completely cold.

nicnicnic wrote: »
    Pat was watching Andys exit, Andy raised pre, called, 8 7 2 flop checked, shulman lead turn 5 and put Andy in on 5 river, shulman 88 Andy 44

About standard for Andy on a TV table alright. :)

All In and Mucked
    J.C. Tran opened the pot with a raise from middle position, and the action passed to Estelle Denis. She moved all in, and the table folded back around to Tran. Somwhere in the folding frenzy though, Denis' cards were pulled into the muck, leaving her all in with no cards.

"Floor!"

This was a matter for Tournament Director Steve Frezer, and he was at the table in no time. He listened carefully to the dealer and to Denis before making his decision. The rule is that the player is 100% responsibly for protecting their own cards, and Denis failed to do that. A long but civil argument ensued with Denis gesturing wildly, shaking her head, and glancing back and forth at her foe, the dealer.

By rights, Frezer probably could have taken her whole stack, but he showed a little mercy and only took enough chips out of her stack to cover the initial call. The remaining 110,000 of her chips were returned to a very upset Denis.

Such a simple mistake that could have cost her so much..Ya gotta mind those cards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Whyno wrote: »
    All In and Mucked
    J.C. Tran opened the pot with a raise from middle position, and the action passed to Estelle Denis. She moved all in, and the table folded back around to Tran. Somwhere in the folding frenzy though, Denis' cards were pulled into the muck, leaving her all in with no cards.

"Floor!"

This was a matter for Tournament Director Steve Frezer, and he was at the table in no time. He listened carefully to the dealer and to Denis before making his decision. The rule is that the player is 100% responsibly for protecting their own cards, and Denis failed to do that. A long but civil argument ensued with Denis gesturing wildly, shaking her head, and glancing back and forth at her foe, the dealer.

By rights, Frezer probably could have taken her whole stack, but he showed a little mercy and only took enough chips out of her stack to cover the initial call. The remaining 110,000 of her chips were returned to a very upset Denis.

Such a simple mistake that could have cost her so much..Ya gotta mind those cards :rolleyes:

why wasn't she knocked out she declared all in shouldnt she be out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well with no Irish left I'm gonna shout for this lad now. I like all them hit squad lads, sunny, praz and chaz et al.

Me too, he's been close to the top of the counts for most of the tourny. Played cash with him at the IO, he ran over the table.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

eagle eye wrote: »

that was a ballsy river push. spew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Eastgate is not getting enough coverage, he's in the midst of a Raymer-esque title defence

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Eastgate is not getting enough coverage, he's in the midst of a Raymer-esque title defence

When 150 more players are eliminated it will be Raymer-esque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

mewso wrote: »
    When 150 more players are eliminated it will be Raymer-esque.

Even at this stage though its a remarkable performance from him.

Wreck wrote: »
    Even at this stage though its a remarkable performance from him.

Raymer aside it's the best defence already that anyone has made since the boom in 02/03 maybe even longer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

He'll hopefully pay a lot less tax if he wins it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

There could be some interesting blind v blind battles on this table.

Seat 1: David Benyamine - 764,000
    Seat 2: Alex Jalali - 505,000
    Seat 3: Harry Kazazian - 501,000
    Seat 4: Alex Prendes - 1,661,000
    Seat 5: Billy McMahon - 515,000
    Seat 6: Adam York - 572,000
    Seat 7: Jordan Morgan - 1,202,000
    Seat 8: Phil Ivey - 1,380,000

Flushdraw wrote: »
    There could be some interesting blind v blind battles on this table.

Seat 1: David Benyamine - 764,000
    Seat 2: Alex Jalali - 505,000
    Seat 3: Harry Kazazian - 501,000
    Seat 4: Alex Prendes - 1,661,000
    Seat 5: Billy McMahon - 515,000
    Seat 6: Adam York - 572,000
    Seat 7: Jordan Morgan - 1,202,000
    Seat 8: Phil Ivey - 1,380,000

Nightmare seat draw for Jordan Morgan, he's been sneaking along under the radar, doubt Benyamine will cause Ivey that many problems tbf

How many runners left in....Great comeback by ivey.. He was down to 200k ish and in freefall when i logged off last night.... Is JC Tran still in

Whyno wrote: »
    How many runners left in....Great comeback by ivey.. He was down to 200k ish and in freefall when i logged off last night.... Is JC Tran still in

185, yes, don't log off , yes 700k

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

does any one know if there are any bookies taking bets at this stage on players to reach the final table or win it out?
    I have tried Paddy power but they aren't

185, yes, don't log off , yes 700k

Sleep does be needed especially when tryin ta crawl outta bed and get ta work on time on monday mornings :D

Ivey and Jc Tran on FT plz...1 time...Preferably one of them as chipleader...(wsop dream team)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I stayed with Craig Boyd in Vegas last year for two weeks. Absolute top lad.

According to himself he ran 1.3mil below all in equity yesterday and is still above average stack!

By all accounts is playing very well.

Advertisement