Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

I actually quite like the Antonio Poker wave lol:D

Doesn't always come with a wave; sometimes it's just a random blood curling 'WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

Whyno wrote: »
    LoL @ you for talkin out your hole....Ivey is d man.Not up his own arse and is one hell of a cooldude :D

whyno and ivey up a tree.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

3510687144_a85bb3ea17.jpg

=

dario-minieri-wsop2007.jpg

imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

anyone think she looks a little like dario minieri in the last pic with the scarf and glasses ?

edit: damn you c kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

tis destiny. lays down kings pre, more of a douche than gold and almost as bad as yang. he can't lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Lol at some of the Ivey and Esfandiari comments you would think some of the guys on here are best mates with both of them:rolleyes:

I hope Akenhead wins!! I played with him a few times in UK events, he is a very good player and comes across as a decent bloke at the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

scaled.Leo-Main_Event_Day_3__IMM8371_IMPDI-web_t652.jpg?1b9ad394c43bb038fa9e51a462e45d6568471167leomargets-333x300.jpgLeoMargets.jpg3510687144_a85bb3ea17.jpg

As it happens, this rather attractive Spanish lady is still in. Given the 17% unemployment rate in Spain and the general competence of Spanish players, her final tabling couldn't be a bad thing for poker.

I had a quick look to see if its getting any coverage and there was nothing on marca or any of the other sport sites. Compare this to Italy where if a player makes day 2 of any big event, be it EPT or WSOP it gets quite a bit of coverage on Gazzetta's website.

If only an Italian was still in contention, that really would be a good thing for poker, though terrible for the Italian economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

How so?

fair point, hasty judgement, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Can't find the article but one of the players left was asked how he would cope if he get into a pot with Ivey. He said something like "I will stare him down, try and give him a range and then fold like everyone else does" :pac:

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

j10spades wrote: »
    whyno and ivey up a tree.. :rolleyes:

Whats wrong wit that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Lol at some of the Ivey and Esfandiari comments you would think some of the guys on here are best mates with both of them:rolleyes:

Whats so wrong with the support and <3 ? Isn't it true in any sport/competition that people tend to admire and revere those that show excellence in any discipline.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I hope Akenhead wins!! I played with him a few times in UK events, he is a very good player and comes across as a decent bloke at the table.

Would you prefer us to praise and talk up ur game jacky :)

Akenhead is class player also....This has the makings of a great FT should the poker gods consent

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

He's my dark horse to win just like Eastgate was at this stage last year. I really should back him.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Whyno wrote: »
    Would you prefer us to praise and talk up ur game jacky :)

Akenhead is class player also....This has the makings of a great FT should the poker gods consent

Very little to praise:pac:
    tm2204 wrote: »
    He's my dark horse to win just like Eastgate was at this stage last year. I really should back him.

I picked Eastgate last year and won a few bob and have done the same this year with Akenhead so here is hoping i am right 2 years running.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

opr wrote: »
    Can't find the article but one of the players left was asked how he would cope if he get into a pot with Ivey. He said something like "I will stare him down, try and give him a range and then fold like everyone else does" :pac:

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Esfandiari busto in 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

KevIRL wrote: »
    Esfandiari busto in 24th

he c-bet on a 10 high flop with 55 got re raised and shoved,ur man tanks and calls with k10,esfandiari turns a gutter with his 2 outer and river bricks!hope akenhead does well now lol

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourney/updatelander--new.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

opr wrote: »
    Whats so wrong with the support and <3 ? Isn't it true in any sport/competition that people tend to admire and revere those that show excellence in any discipline.

Opr

Well the thing is that certain champs in certain sports tend to be either extremely likeable, Agassi, McEnroe, Davis, or total boring goons, Ivey, Sampras, Woods. No personality at all in there whatsoever.

Noone really likes the Magician anyway, he's brash, loud, and rude. If he wasn't winning we'd all be openly hating the man. I still hate him. Not personally you understand, but I can't abide his table presence one iota. Hellmuth has earned his spurs at this level and we all love his rants, ditto Deeb and Tony G. When Tony Magic goes off on one he just looks stupid.

And I'm still standing by my Mahan/Watney predictions from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

lee_arama wrote: »
    we all love his rants

I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Is this streaming anywhere or does coverage only start at the final table? Can't find anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

pretty sure there's no stream unfortunately, so we'll have to wade through 10 weeks of highlights
    lee_arama wrote: »
    total boring goons, Ivey, Sampras, Woods. No personality at all in there whatsoever.

not sure what you'd describe Ivey as but pretty sure its not a tota boring goon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

So, Margets and the Magician gone already; 50% of Ivey's starting chips gone. ESPN must be quite nervous at this point. :(

My interest in this will bust when Ivey does and i'm sure i'm not the only one. Not looking good right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

a147pro wrote: »
    pretty sure there's no stream unfortunately, so we'll have to wade through 10 weeks of highlights

not sure what you'd describe Ivey as but pretty sure its not a tota boring goon

From what I have heard, he is just private and not at all interested in media exposure, just poker. Fair play imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

What's with the Ivey hating from some people? Chaps a legend IMO.

Not looking the best now for him

Advertisement