Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

What's with the Ivey hating from some people? Chaps a legend IMO.

Not looking the best now for him

The guys are jealous of d legend me thinks.....

Where is everyone getting the updates for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lee_arama wrote: »
    Well the thing is that certain champs in certain sports tend to be either extremely likeable, Agassi, McEnroe, Davis, or total boring goons, Ivey, Sampras, Woods. No personality at all in there whatsoever.

Noone really likes the Magician anyway, he's brash, loud, and rude. If he wasn't winning we'd all be openly hating the man. I still hate him. Not personally you understand, but I can't abide his table presence one iota. Hellmuth has earned his spurs at this level and we all love his rants, ditto Deeb and Tony G. When Tony Magic goes off on one he just looks stupid.

And I'm still standing by my Mahan/Watney predictions from earlier.

Lol you kidding me, Ivey, Sampras and Woods are all fcuking heroes, because they dont act like loud obnoctious pricks you think they're "boring goons", get a grip.

I like Antonio, not when hes at the table with Laak though, i hate Hellmuth's rants, hes a jackass of a man who plays terribly as well. Antonio is a far better player than the 3 people you have mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

The thing to remember about Laak and Antonio is that they're primarily cash game players and part of their art/act is entertaining people (and deceiving them about their skill level) to keep them at the table/get them back.

When you're at a table with Hellmuth etc it's in a tourney and you have no choice about moving. Your only decision is whether to let him tilt you or not.

Tilly, Laak and Esfandiari at work =

• Registered Users Posts: 38,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ivey lovers, Ivey haters, its meh for me. He is just another poker player imo and not the best by any stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

Grafter wrote: »
    The thing to remember about Laak and Antonio is that they're primarily cash game players and part of their art/act is entertaining people (and deceiving them about their skill level) to keep them at the table/get them back.

When you're at a table with Hellmuth etc it's in a tourney and you have no choice about moving. Your only decision is whether to let him tilt you or not.

thats very true..Laak and Antonio do play up infront of the cameras etc mainly for publicity and keeping the suckers laughing..there is better cash game players like antonius ivey durrrr etc but everyone is afraid of em coz they take the game really serious..u know ur walking away with no money against those lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ivey lovers, Ivey haters, its meh for me. He is just another poker player imo and not the best by any stretch.

not the best by any stretch, you deluded silly man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

lol. come on, the man a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Final 2 table draw.
    Feature table

Phil Ivey
    Ian Tavelli
    Steve Begleiter
    Antoine Saout
    James Akenhead
    Eric Buchman
    Joe Cada
    Jamie Robbins
    Nick Maimone

Secondary Featured Table

Ben Lamb
    Kevin Schaffel
    Jordan Smith
    Andrew Lichtenberger
    Jeff Shulman
    Darvin Moon
    James Calderaro
    Billy Kopp
    Ludovic Lacay

chip counts

1. Billy Kopp 26,200,000

2. Darvin Moon 17,800,000

3. Steven Begleiter 16,800,000

4. Eric Buchman 16,000,000

5. Kevin Schaffel 12,300,000

6. Nick Maimone 11,800,000

7. Ian Tavelli 10,700,000

8. Antoine Saout 10,200,000

9. James Akenhead 9,600,000

10. Joseph Cada 9,300,000

11. Jeff Shulman 8,300,000

12. Jordan Smith 7,200,000

13. Jamie Robbins 7,100,000

14. Andrew Lichtenberger 6,850,000

15. Phil Ivey 5,435,000

16. Ben Lamb 5,200,000

17. James Calderaro 4,700,000

18. Ludovic Lacay 2,700,000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

wtf? Ivey is one of the only great players who gets the praise he deserves. The guy is an absolute legend, definitely deserves to be known as one of the best given his achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

wtf? Ivey is one of the only great players who gets the praise he deserves. The guy is an absolute legend, definitely deserves to be known as one of the best given his achievements.

Hes gotta be levelling imo

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Ivey only 1 double up from being right back in contention & against the mostly weak field left he's more than likely to do just that.

Aikenhead still going well.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

As with lots of others, when Ivey is gone, so will my interest be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

For the Ivey Fans
    Phil Ivey made it 420,000 to go and Steve Begleiter called from late position.

The flop came down and Ivey led out for 600,000. Begleiter made the call and they went to the turn which fell the . Both players checked the on the river as well.

Begleiter showed for busted straight and flush draws. Ivey turned up and took down the pot to a raucous chorus of "Ivey, Ivey, Ivey!" He's back up to 6.8 million.

wins a pot at last.....come on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

15 left, can't believe they are going down so quickly!

15 left. Lacay just busted 77 vs ak aipf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

5starpool wrote: »
    As with lots of others, when Ivey is gone, so will my interest be.

Very much so. The November Nine thing will only be worth watching if he makes it. The man is an absolute machine though.

shano_88 wrote: »
    15 left. Lacay just busted 77 vs ak aipf.

On a $132k money mini-bubble :eek:

Players guaranteed $633k now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I met, drank, 'partied', had the craic with Laak and Esfandiari at the Irish open 2 years ago and whatever about their antics at the table, two nicer blokes you will not meet.
    Both were very generous and down to earth but I do understand somewhat peoples opinions based on what they see on tv even if I don't agree.

I was rooting for Esfandiari,and as for Phil Ivey fkin 'ell,for if any more proof was needed surely this run should convince you of the mans unique ability at this game.As has been said, the man's a legend at such a relatively young age and I'd love to see him back for the final table.

Probably been said but I'm lazy...Are they playing down to the final table today?

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Very much so. The November Nine thing will only be worth watching if he makes it. The man is an absolute machine though.

Watch Ivey chip up if he's still there with 10 left on the FT 'November 9' bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Whyno wrote: »
    For the Ivey Fans
    Phil Ivey made it 420,000 to go and Steve Begleiter called from late position.

The flop came down and Ivey led out for 600,000. Begleiter made the call and they went to the turn which fell the . Both players checked the on the river as well.

Begleiter showed for busted straight and flush draws. Ivey turned up and took down the pot to a raucous chorus of "Ivey, Ivey, Ivey!" He's back up to 6.8 million.

wins a pot at last.....come on

This post means nothing without the cards.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

just had a cursory glance at the updates, that moon dude has an interesting style imo.

tm2204 wrote: »
    Watch Ivey chip up if he's still there with 10 left on the FT 'November 9' bubble.

Yeah definitely, I'd expect him to try and absolutely steamroll the tables from here on out, there'll be so many people folding down to the 9. I'd expect many to treat this almost like a satalite bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Probably been said but I'm lazy...Are they playing down to the final table today?

Yes, they'll play to the November Nine tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,387 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jeff Shulman always annoyed me, but I suppose I'd like to see a known player do well.

Nick Maimone raised to 450,000 and Eric Buchman called from the small blind.

The flop was {J-Clubs} {10-Spades} {8-Clubs} and Buchman checked to Maimone, who bet 900,000. Buchman moved all in and Maimone called all in for 4,505,000.

Maimone {A-Hearts} {Q-Hearts}
    Buchman {J-Diamonds} {9-Diamonds}

"I'm 40% right now," said Maimone to the crowd.

The turn was the {J-Spades}, making Buchman trips and taking away most of Maimone's outs. The river fell the {Q-Spades}, Buchman hitting a straight. Maimone exited in 15th place while Buchman chipped up to 25,280,000.

seems like a bit of a blow up there!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Nick Maimone raised to 450,000 and Eric Buchman called from the small blind.

The flop was J clubs 10 Spades 8 clubs and Buchman checked to Maimone, who bet 900,000. Buchman moved all in and Maimone called all in for 4,505,000.

Maimone A heart Q hearts
    Buchman J diamonds 9 Diamonds

"I'm 40% right now," said Maimone to the crowd.

The turn was the Jhearts, making Buchman trips and taking away most of Maimone's outs. The river fell the Qspades, pairing Maimone a bit too late. He exited in 15th place while Buchman chipped up to 25,280,000.

strange call for your tournment?

Advertisement