Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He runs better then jamie gold.

The Silence of the Lamb Supporters

We don't hear very much coming from Ben Lamb's corner of the gallery after the last pot between Lamb and Darvin Moon. Moon opened for 425,000 preflop and was called by Lamb from the big blind.

On a flop of all babies, {6-Hearts} {4-Clubs} {2-Diamonds}, Lamb check-called a bet of 600,000 made by Moon. The {9-Diamonds} brought another check from Lamb and another bet by Moon, 1,000,000 chips total. Again Lamb called.

The river paired nines, {9-Clubs}. Lamb checked a third time, bringing a huge bet of 3.0 million chips from Moon. Lamb called one last time, then mucked in disappointment as Moon showed {A-Hearts} {9-Spades} for trip nines.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ivey seems not to be getting into any big hands. I've a bad feeling about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

5starpool wrote: »
    Ivey seems not to be getting into any big hands. I've a bad feeling about it.

Yeah, me too, and they update with "Ivey, Ivey, Ivey!". Only for us to find out, he won an absolutely miniscule pot and is *up* to 6.5 million! He needs a double up to ease the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

35 bb's, hes biding his time, no panic, Ivey will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

mdwexford wrote: »
    35 bb's, hes biding his time, no panic, Ivey will win.

Well if other players are calling off their tournament stack with AQ on a J,10,8 flop then I think Ivey still has a lot of hope even with 6.5m.

Seriously how do you call off that bet when the other guy has you covered, down to the last 15 in the WSOP main event?!

• Advertisement

He had 35%, not that far off.

He had 35%, not that far off.

No he didn't, he had around 25% only. 3xA and 3x9 twice.

Why not 4 Kings?

Also lol at Morzadec eidting his post to delete his comment about the 40%.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Why not 4 Kings?

Because I said so, and also because it is late and I may not have considered it quite correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Now, I'm not going to comment on whether the call was correct or not (I mean, you can't know such things without understanding the ranges of the players concerned and any dynamic that exists between them).

However, I'd be fairly certain that when he was deciding whether to call or not one of the lowest weights in his decision making process was the fact that his "zomg tournament life!!!!" was at risk if he called. The player with the AQ is the online player FU_15, and I can assure you that he didn't get to where he is by being overly concerned about surviving his way through large MTT fields.

Ive heard of him, and i do understand the table dynamics and range and all the other things I'm sure he considered before making his decision!
    I just found it strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Because I said so, and also because it is late and I may not have considered it quite correctly.

and sometimes u do stand up and say i can be wrong:rolleyes:

corkie123 wrote: »
    and sometimes u do stand up and say i can be wrong:rolleyes:

I'm sure I've said you're wrong lots of times corkie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

I'm sure I've said you're wrong lots of times corkie ;)

i tried it once guy had heart attack at table never done it again :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Stupid dinner break, was kind of hoping I could follow this to the end. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,387 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Two players gone just after dinner.
    Ben Lamb Eliminated in 14th Place ($633,022)
    James Calderaro Eliminated in 13th Place ($633,022)

Cada Check-Raises Ivey

Joe Cada opened for 620,000 and Phil Ivey called from the hijack seat.

Ivey led out for 800,000 on the {4-Spades} {2-Clubs} {2-Hearts} flop and was met with a raise from Cada to 2.1 million. Ivey tanked for about three minutes before folding.

"Ship it baller hollers!" shouted an inebriated fan from the lounge (it's actually Holla Ballas, dude).

Cada took his stack back up to 13.2 million with that pot while Ivey slipped to 6.7 million.
    I thought the comments about holla ballas was gas from the updater.

Players left - 12

Player Amount
    Eric Buchman
    Steven Begleiter----30,300,000
    Darvin Moon
    Jeff Shulman
    Billy Kopp
    Jordan Smith
    Joseph Cada
    Kevin Schaffel
    Antoine Saout
    Phil Ivey
    James Akenhead----5,550,000
    Jamie Robbins

Monster hand. Is stacking off there with 5 high flush not pretty bad especially against that villain?
    Wow. That's a succinct description of what just happened on the secondary feature table. Billy Kopp opened for 600,000 preflop from early position and was called by the small blind, Darvin Moon. So far, so good.

On a flop of {K-Diamonds} {9-Diamonds} {2-Diamonds}, Moon had first action and checked. He then called when Kopp bet 750,000. Again, nothing out of the ordinary yet.

It was on the turn {2-Hearts} where everything went haywire. Moon checked again and drew a bet of 2.0 million from Kopp. Moon then check-raised to 6.0 million. Improbably, Kopp moved all in for about 20.0 million total. Even more improbably, Moon called!

Kopp: {5-Diamonds} {3-Diamonds}
    Moon: {Q-Diamonds} {J-Diamonds}

Kopp looked like he wanted to cry when he saw Moon's hand. He knew that he was drawing dead and that Moon had him covered. Kopp had more than 80 big blinds to start the hand; with the {7-Clubs} river he had none. He didn't even wait for the river to come out, barreling out of the secondary feature table area as fast as he could.

Moon is once again the chip leader with a whopping 45.0 million chips.

Only 1 more elimination to go!

Jamie Robbins moved all in for 2.35 million and Phil Ivey made the call.

Robbins {K-Clubs} {Q-Spades}
    Ivey {A-Hearts} {10-Hearts}

The flop didn't help Robbins, coming down {8-Spades} {3-Spades} {3-Diamonds}. The turn was the {3-Hearts}, the river was the {5-Clubs} and the crowd full of Ivey fans roared as their man took down the hand and sent Jamie Robbins to the rail in 11th place.

Ivey is up to 9.61 million.

Billy Kopp opened for 600,000 preflop from early position and was called by the small blind, Darvin Moon. So far, so good.

On a flop of {K-Diamonds} {9-Diamonds} {2-Diamonds}, Moon had first action and checked. He then called when Kopp bet 750,000. Again, nothing out of the ordinary yet.

It was on the turn {2-Hearts} where everything went haywire. Moon checked again and drew a bet of 2.0 million from Kopp. Moon then check-raised to 6.0 million. Improbably, Kopp moved all in for about 20.0 million total. Even more improbably, Moon called!

Kopp: {5-Diamonds} {3-Diamonds}
    Moon: {Q-Diamonds} {J-Diamonds}

Kopp looked like he wanted to cry when he saw Moon's hand. He knew that he was drawing dead and that Moon had him covered. Kopp had more than 80 big blinds to start the hand; with the {7-Clubs} river he had none. He didn't even wait for the river to come out, barreling out of the secondary feature table area as fast as he could.

Moon is once again the chip leader with a whopping 45.0 million chips.

Billy Kopp Eliminated in 12th Place ($896,730)

First of the money jumps, two more get $896k and then its off till november

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

hopefully ivey and akenhead make it. Will make is really interesting to watch...

• Advertisement

Ah balls, you beat me chucky, (in my defense I am in work, your just up late)

They are moving to one table, Ivey just equalled his best ME finish.

Draw made

This is a big re-draw folks. After the tenth-place finisher is eliminated, the November Nine will maintain these seating assignments at the final table four months from now. Here's the lineup:

Seat 1: Darvin Moon
    Seat 2: Jordan Smith
    Seat 3: James Akenhead
    Seat 4: Phil Ivey
    Seat 5: Kevin Schaffel
    Seat 6: Steven Begleiter
    Seat 7: Eric Buchman
    Seat 8: Joe Cada
    Seat 9: Antoine Saout
    Seat 10:Jeff Shulman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

4 months such a long wait. What takes them so long

he does it again. Final 9 is known now!

Eric Buchman opened for 650,000, Darvin Moon flat-called from the button and Jordan Smith reraised to 2.6 million from the small blind. Buchman folded and Moon called.

The flop was {8-Clubs} {4-Diamonds} {2-Diamonds}. Smith checked, Moon bet 4,000,000, Smith moved all in and Moon called.

Smith {A-Hearts} {A-Diamonds}
    Moon {8-Hearts} {8-Diamonds}

The turn was the {5-Hearts}, Smith picking up an inside straight draw to a wheel. The river, though, was the {10-Hearts} and Moon took down the pot with his set of eights, eliminating Smith and setting the 2009 "November Nine."

Moon has an estimated 59,770,000 chips. We'll post the remainder of the final table chip counts as soon as they're verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can't see anyone but Moon winning, if he's still running like God anyway.

I'll be rooting for Ivey all the way, what a legend.

2 bracelets, final table of the main event, incredible.

I can only imagine the prop bets he'll be scooping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Hope Ivey concentrates over the next few years and knocks that Hellmuth idiot off his pedastel.

CHD wrote: »
    Hope Ivey concentrates over the next few years and knocks that Hellmuth idiot off his pedastel.
    I was thinking about this, I would mind a bet on it, say Ivey to be the youngest to reach 10 bracelets. Any takers,
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Can't see anyone but Moon winning, if he's still running like God anyway.
    I was trying to offer odds on him winning but betfair won't allow me to place a bet on the thing. It's still counted as in running and and aussie accounts can't bet in running.

so anybody what odds on moon to win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Chip counts........

Darvin Moon 58,930,000
    Eric Buchman 34,800,000
    Steven Begleiter 29,885,000
    Jeff Shulman 19,580,000
    Joseph Cada 13,215,000
    Kevin Schaffel 12,390,000
    Phil Ivey 9,765,000
    Antoine Saout 9,500,000
    James Akenhead 6,800,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Immense stuff from Ivey.Yeah Moons got a pile of chips, but Iveys still got around 40BB to work with in November, its plenty. He was in the lower placings all day today but never Lost his head, there was seemed to be some pretty wild flipping going on, dont think ivey was involved, never all in for his life (i think). Just seemed to pick his chips up in non-showdown pots.

I'm not sure who to root for TBH- Moon could be Moneymaker 2, but Ivey is the man but the again Schulman has promised to throw his Bracelet in the Bin if he wins! Beats the 9 charisma free no marks we had last year.Gonna be epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

All the top 9 are millionaires now, right? I can't believe this lad Moon qualified for $100 in his local game. Superb stuff.

I wonder do they get paid for 9th place now, or do they have to wait til November? That would suck for the likes of Moon, but then I guess his credit is good if he needs to borrow a few grand. :p

Advertisement