Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

fatguy wrote: »
    All the top 9 are millionaires now, right? I can't believe this lad Moon qualified for $100 in his local game. Superb stuff.

I wonder do they get paid for 9th place now, or do they have to wait til November? That would suck for the likes of Moon, but then I guess his credit is good if he needs to borrow a few grand. :p
    They all get paid 9th place now i think. They did last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

CHD wrote: »
    They all get paid 9th place now i think. They did last year.

Yeah all paid 1.2 mill (i think)
    Ivey prob has his spread across a Craps table as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

25% of Akenhead, and 66-1 on Ivey to FT. He's probably gtd 400K out of everything so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

My mate will be waking up to €6600 extra in his account this morning thanks to Ivey, when i went to do the same bet he was down at 45/1 and i wouldn't do it :o Ah well..... Good final table tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

My mate will be waking up to €6600 extra in his account this morning thanks to Ivey, when i went to do the same bet he was down at 45/1 and i wouldn't do it :o Ah well..... Good final table tho

€6700 I would hope unless the oddball is in the habit of betting €98.50 stakes randomly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

lee_arama wrote: »
    €6700 I would hope unless the oddball is in the habit of betting €99 stakes randomly.

true true, altho the bet is still down as pending this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭swat1902

Yeh 6.7k alright - Go team Ivey.

lee_arama wrote: »
    €6700 I would hope unless the oddball is in the habit of betting €99 stakes randomly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Tis great for the game to get a top pro on the FT. I have Ivey in my wsop dream team...Fingers crossed he gets me into the top 3 places now or even tied for 3rd will do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Morzadec wrote: »
    Well if other players are calling off their tournament stack with AQ on a J,10,8 flop then I think Ivey still has a lot of hope even with 6.5m.

Seriously how do you call off that bet when the other guy has you covered, down to the last 15 in the WSOP main event?!

It's called pressure and most of these guys are small buyin sat qualifiers who will have never experienced this kind of heat before.

Like an elastic band at some point they just snap with the finishing line in sight.

Edit: Just read further into the thread and to LLoyds post. Guess the guy had his reasons but it's a big call in that spot with what's on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Any picture of this November Nine going round? Been searching but cant find one.
    Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Absolutely delighted with that final lineup and it will give a real interest for November. A few known names, including the biggest one around, and a bit of European interest as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

Pic of Nov Nine in here (reduced in size to fit story obv):

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/7210-france-and-uk-make-wsop-main-event-final

b.

PS. The Boss Man FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Thanking you for the quick response. Last years photo was better as they were all reaching for the bracelet, but ill forgive that for this years line up. I would easily pay to see this line up do battle in November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bannanababy14

respect to Akenhead,quality player. final table will be class. roll on november. go phil,legend:)

bigslick wrote: »
    Thanking you for the quick response. Last years photo was better as they were all reaching for the bracelet, but ill forgive that for this years line up. I would easily pay to see this line up do battle in November

No probs. This is the first 'official' shot released by Harrah's and the only one so far. There may be others to follow.

Might head over to this myself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

CHD wrote: »
    Hope Ivey concentrates over the next few years and knocks that Hellmuth idiot off his pedastel.

he already said in an interview that he has achieved everything in side games and now wants to concentrate and tourney results and knockin hellmuth from the top spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Thank God Ivey made it for interest purposes, shame he doesn't have more chips. The guy is just unreal. Was thinking of heading over to Vegas in November, travel agents are basically giving away flights and accommodation to Vegas in November atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

Thanks to all for keeping this thread up to date...

Fair play, I have been checking it everyday from work..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

hotspur wrote: »
    Thank God Ivey made it for interest purposes, shame he doesn't have more chips. The guy is just unreal. Was thinking of heading over to Vegas in November, travel agents are basically giving away flights and accommodation to Vegas in November atm.

You're the third person to suggest this on this forum alone. Also, this is not the typical homeland of the Ivey fan boy.

Book ASAP if you really plan to IMO. Suspect that Vegas may be black (pardon the pun) come November.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

hotspur wrote: »

Think i might go over for it also, was thinking of going for 10 days in October so might as well make it November and rail Ivey in the Main Event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

mdwexford wrote: »
    Think i might go over for it also, was thinking of going for 10 days in October so might as well make it November and rail Ivey in the Main Event.

There is also a good Venetian festival on for the month of November (details tbc) so could mix some poker in.

Hell might try get over for a week seen as i missed out in June/July:D

Balls. Just found out i only get back from honeymoon on Nov 7.

Decisions, decisions.

b.

Decisions, decisions.

b.

Dont get married

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Whyno wrote: »
    Dont get married

or let the wife go home and tell her you'll see her in a week

chips1234 wrote: »
    or let the wife go home and tell her you'll see her in a week

or a month might be better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

There is also a good Venetian festival on for the month of November (details tbc) so could mix some poker in.

Hell might try get over for a week seen as i missed out in June/July:D

Excellent, was hoping there would be something like that on.

Might as well, any excuse for a trip to Vegas obv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

mdwexford wrote: »
    Why not 4 Kings?

Also lol at Morzadec eidting his post to delete his comment about the 40%.

Lol I somehow make the same mistake as 5starpool and missed the Kings as outs!

In fairness I edited my post before you pointed out the fact he was 35% though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Decisions, decisions.

b.

or just extended it to vegas for another week :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

hope moon wins it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Decisions, decisions.

b.

Fail to see the problem, u can get married next year, you may not get to rail ivey on the FT next year, but then again he'll probably go back to back

Advertisement