Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    According to different poker forums and magazines, Phil Ivey has betted x-amount of money on himself to win the Main Event to x-times the money. According to one of his friends and teammates in team PokerStars, he would take home one of the biggest wins the world of poker has ever seen if he becomes the last man standing.

There are many rumors circulating on the web at the moment that Phil Ivey placed many bets on himself to win the main event at many of his rich friends. So, if he manage to take home the tournament in December this year, he will not only win $8,5 million in first prize, but also take home what some people say could be the biggest win ever on a bet. We are probably talking about many, many millions dollars, but we'll probably have to wait and see if Phil will reveal anything about this side bet in future interviews.

lies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Does Everyone snap call off with the QJ high flush in that exit hand, if it were reversed? Given the obvious exposure Money you could also be potentially be missing out on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    According to different poker forums and magazines, Phil Ivey has betted x-amount of money on himself to win the Main Event to x-times the money. According to one of his friends and teammates in team PokerStars, he would take home one of the biggest wins the world of poker has ever seen if he becomes the last man standing.

There are many rumors circulating on the web at the moment that Phil Ivey placed many bets on himself to win the main event at many of his rich friends. So, if he manage to take home the tournament in December this year, he will not only win $8,5 million in first prize, but also take home what some people say could be the biggest win ever on a bet. We are probably talking about many, many millions dollars, but we'll probably have to wait and see if Phil will reveal anything about this side bet in future interviews.
    Even if this is true he will never say the actual amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Does Everyone snap call off with the QJ high flush in that exit hand, if it were reversed? Given the obvious exposure Money you could also be potentially be missing out on?

Definitely wouldn't be a snap - Which makes the 5 high flush shove even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Has anyone found any companies who have got prices back up? I mailed boyles this morning and was told that no prices would be available as it started two weeks ago and only 64 players were left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Just watching the November 9 interviews and realised that James Akenhead was the guy who knocked me out of the IWF in '08. Late in day 2 got it all in on a 9 high flop with QQ and he of course had 99.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Just watching the November 9 interviews and realised that James Akenhead was the guy who knocked me out of the IWF in '08. Late in day 2 got it all in on a 9 high flop with QQ and he of course had 99.:eek:

only for that he be a nobody :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

BigMick put on some weight over there

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=94758

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

the_pits wrote: »

I missed the whole WSOP main event build-up etc. How were players "shut out" of the tournament this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Ardent wrote: »
    I missed the whole WSOP main event build-up etc. How were players "shut out" of the tournament this year?

Too many turned up on the last day so a fair few players had to be turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Lurker1977 wrote: »
    Too many turned up on the last day so a fair few players had to be turned away.
    I'm still trying to figure out how this is the organiser's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

fatguy wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how this is the organiser's fault.

I agree it's the players fault as tough as it was on alot of guys who'd travelled half way around the planet to be there, but I think the issue after the fact was that if your name was Antonius or Lindgren some spaces magically appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

but I think the issue after the fact was that if your name was Antonius or Lindgren some spaces magically appeared.

I thought Antonius was turned away and didn't play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

tony hatchem was interviewed about the lock out then 1hr later hes in . the answer was he prebooked so all he had to do was cough up his 10k and play

its not how good u are but who u know that gets u in .:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

i had always planned to hit Vegas after the IWF this year. Makes it even sweeter now that Ivey will be there on the FT. Akenhead a class act also - pity he is short.

well done to all the Irish who cashed in the main event. Not sure of the full list but I see that MickG, Nicky and Andy cashed - will have to take a closer look at the rest of it to spot others.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

A friend of mine has offered me the following odds.
    To Win:

10/1 - Ivey
    18/1 - Akenhead

Have put few euro on each as i see good bit of value here considering their skill level relative to the rest of the final table. Anyone agree or disagree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

bigslick wrote: »
    To Win:

10/1 - Ivey
    18/1 - Akenhead

Have put few euro on each as i see good bit of value here considering their skill level relative to the rest of the final table. Anyone agree or disagree?

Where did you get these prices???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ask him can i have 100 on Ivey at 10s please.

Top price 13/2 in bookies.

Akenhead can be got at 20s so hes fairly right on that one.

• Advertisement

Whyno wrote: »
    Where did you get these prices???

As stated, off a friend rather than a bookies. I told him 10/1 was mental price to be giving but who am I to complain lol.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Ask him can i have 100 on Ivey at 10s please.

Top price 13/2 in bookies.

Akenhead can be got at 20s so hes fairly right on that one.

Lol already asked if he would take other bets and he said nah. Its more just a friendly wager. I said to him Akenhead was 18/1 on Betfair and he said he would equal that price. So put few yoyos on him for the gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

is this friend tall, ginger and retarded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Are the second and third one not the same thing?

:D No not this time lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Any chance this friend has infinite wealth and would like more money to be put on Ivey...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

iveymotivational.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bigslick wrote: »
    To Win:

10/1 - Ivey
    18/1 - Akenhead

Those prices seam about right.
    10s for ivey is a significant mark up from his equity. His edge is only so big this shallow.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 176 ✭✭pkr_ennis

The final Table will have a live audio commentry here-http://www.bluffmagazine.com/videoplayer.asp it will feature commentry from Phil Helmuth, Annie Duke and others.

Any idea what time the coverage starts GMT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

pkr_ennis wrote: »
    The final Table will have a live audio commentry here-http://www.bluffmagazine.com/videoplayer.asp it will feature commentry from Phil Helmuth, Annie Duke and others.

will there be a live link on the net to watch the final table....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

pkr_ennis wrote: »

It starts at 8 tomorrow evening.

Advertisement