Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Schaffel

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

What a rollercoaster for Aikenhead, triples up to 12m, has pocket kings run into aces and then eliminated from tournament all in space of 13 hands!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

LOL @ Moon.

Over-coached? Did he get coaching I wonder. I don't understand why anyone would get coaching. It's not enough time to up your game so stick to what has been working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Oh teh sickness....KK>AA, schaffel busto to quads

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Poker is such a sick fcking game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

what a way to go. sickening

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Which thread is it to be guys? Mods pick one or something.

I think I'll merge the other one into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

mewso wrote: »
    Over-coached? Did he get coaching I wonder. I don't understand why anyone would get coaching. It's not enough time to up your game so stick to what has been working.

no he didnt get coaching he said he went back to work relaxed and is going to play the final table the same way he's played the hole torney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

lol moonaments

• Advertisement

OMG Moon has lost it.

Moon. WTF?

Folded for 6.4m more into a 45m pot on the flop.

Mother of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

lol moonaments

OMFG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

omg:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

my god. Moon's just thrown away 16 million chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ok, so this isn't good from moon, but he still has 39 million.

Seriously thats 2 bluffs from moon. That smacks of some kind of coaching even it was just a mate in his ear. Somehow he feels as if he needs to make moves when he absolutely doesn't.

I think some coaching he should have got was on what fold equity means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

what was the A4 hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mcnugget

Darvin saying he put begs on AK of spades, still had to call with 8 to 1 odds. Seems to be blowing up, hopefully he doesn't lose the head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

lol moonaments

lolololololololol

he's trying to make plays when he doesnt have to... got caught with his hand in the cookie jar but wtf.. dont raise to 15 mill if you're not gonna call the 6 mill :confused::confused::confused:

Moon making his hole bigger with his table talk.

The A4 hand was when he flatted a raise from the blinds from Sauot (I think). Flop comes KJ2. He leads out for a full pot bet of 2.3m, Saout playing off 10m makes it 6ish million, and Moon raises all in. Saout snaps for his last 4 million with J2, and Moon had A4. Turn was a 3 for a sweat, but the river came 2 to fill Saout up. No fold equity whatsoever and saout could never fold to a shove once he puts 2/3 of his chips in.

FuttBucker wrote: »
    what was the A4 hand?

KJ2 flop, Saout bet 6m of his 10m stack, moon pushed with A4 presumably thinking he could get Saout to fold.

They did say on the commentary that maybe moon thought he had AA :) I feel for the guy but I can't see him winning now unless he becomes a rack again.

They did say on the commentary that maybe moon thought he had AA :) I feel for the guy but I can't see him winning now unless he becomes a rack again.

Is there more than 1 commentary on this? You listening to the one with Sebok and Hellmouth on it?

Possible but not that likely.
    More likely imo is that he misread the stack sizes, the audio had to update the chip stacks they are reporting at the break and had a number of players wrong by a few million.

5starpool wrote: »
    Is there more than 1 commentary on this? You listening to the one with Sebok and Hellmouth on it?

I am.

These guys are waffling a lot.

2 hour dinner break. Booooo.

5starpool wrote: »

Just the one commentary afaik and that the one I'm listening to yeah.

• Advertisement

Yea. Bed break.

Sick of hearing them constantly go on about how great Ivey is playing.
    Let's face it, he is playing like a complete nit at the moment, which is probably the right idea, but it's not ingenious thus far.

Advertisement