Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Ivey's AK vs Moon's AQ, Q on the flop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

uggh schulamn limps sb with 8bbs and b/f flop. down to 5bbs

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

Shulman gone, a bit unlucky overall.

Did anyone see on the text commentary where it says Moon was up playing tables at 7am? Hardly a good prep for a 15hr + poker session...he's been awake for 21 huors and counting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭monoP54

This is not a good idea making them play down to heads up. TD should be allowed make the call and have the four of them return tomorrow. Screw the TV people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

is the FT still going on?!:eek:
    Also, it just goes to show the amount of luck in poker if Moon is still hanging around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

On break at mo. 3 left

Stoat 80k
    Moon 70k
    Cada 37k

Buchman was the short stack after running AQ into Stoat's AK. He doubled back up to 20bb and then shoved A5 (UTG i think) and was insta called by Moon's KJd. K on flop for Buchman to walk away scratching his nog.

Think he shoved when sb to Moon's button raise. In fairness he had sucked out against Moon the previous hand. Would like to see Cada end up heads up against Saout, Moon well out of his depth (though that doesn't seem to be stopping him)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

will Moon be the next Jamie Gold?!
    It would of been a great thing for poker if Ivey woulf of takin this down, but instead we have.... Moon, enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

cada 37m gets it all in three handed with 22 v Saout's 80M QQ

Flop 729 Turn 3 River 6

Cada CL

Moon's been disappointing allright, If he had just played tight and solid he'd prob be around the same chip level and without making a fool of himself. His A4, pre flop fold when facing 8-1 and K9 plays were 3 movesyou wouldn't expect to see in your average pub game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Moon would have called there with KJ. Come on Cada, for the good of poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Honestly, looking back through the some of the hands that Moon played, I think he was just abusing his chip stack.

For as often as he doubled someone up, he knocked someone else out, and he was perfectly happy to play it that way. He certainly won't give a fcuk about what people on the internet are saying about the quality of his play. It's been mostly effective.

Heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭monoP54

Horrible game.
    Saout has been quite unlucky there. Perhaps overly aggressive in the end w.88
    Cada does seem like a decent bloke and despite the interminable waxiness a solid player so I guess it would not be a dreadful result "for poker" if he were to win.
    I don't care about that cr*p though. Come on Moon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Moon would have called there with KJ. Come on Cada, for the good of poker.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

88 v AK
    K otr
    and its Moon 62M v Cada 136m tomorrow

fatguy wrote: »
    Honestly, looking back through the some of the hands that Moon played, I think he was just abusing his chip stack.

For as often as he doubled someone up, he knocked someone else out, and he was perfectly happy to play it that way. He certainly won't give a fcuk about what people on the internet are saying about the quality of his play. It's been mostly effective.

He knocked 3 players out today:
    AQ v Ivey's AK
    KJ v Buchmans A5
    AQ v Begleiter's QQ

Effective is not the word I'd use, poxy is more suitable!

Also lol @ abusing his chipstack.
    he more or less called of 10m with no pair/no draw on the flop
    he 3b shipped for about 50 bbs with k9o
    he c/r folded flop in a 46m pot for 6m more

he tried to give it a right good abusing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

whats the chip count now

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Moon 62M v Cada 136m tomorrow

approx above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lol donkaments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

I think the overall play was not great in general at the final table. Will have to play this next year, seems an easy one to win looking at that sun moon and stars dude. Any one got a loan of the entrance fee, should be able to get it back to you by day 5 and will make sure you get a seat in November 2010 to watch me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 theriverking

What time is the heads up starting Irish time??

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Slate Moon ok but Cada equally as lucky; AI to overpairs twice & flopped sets and AI with AK v 88 for massive pot & to go heads up and rivered the A.

:D

I watched a good bit of this - or listened..whatever. Comparing Moons play to cada's is ridiculous. Was asleep for the hand aginst Schulman JJ so dont know how the action went down. The 22 v QQ was v Saout blind v blind and i thought reasonably standard as they were both playing fairly aggro - shame they didn't get hu tbh. The AK v 88 hand he called a shove with AK 3 handed.

for sure he won 2 key pots when miles behind, a flip v ivey and a flip v saout to get hu. But moon did things that were beyond dumb at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

BobSloane wrote: »
    I watched a good bit of this - or listened..whatever. Comparing Moons play to cada's is ridiculous. Was asleep for the hand aginst Schulman JJ so dont know how the action went down. The 22 v QQ was v Saout blind v blind and i thought reasonably standard as they were both playing fairly aggro - shame they didn't get hu tbh. The AK v 88 hand he called a shove with AK 3 handed.

for sure he won 2 key pots when miles behind, a flip v ivey and a flip v saout to get hu. But moon did things that were beyond dumb at times

Is it really reasonable to slag Moon off given he has played with these guys much more than any of us, has made the final table of the WSOP ME and was the chip leader for most of it? Maybe he knows more about the players than we do . . .

Do you think the hand against P.I. was that bad - Ivey does not need to show up there with anywhere as strong as AK most of the time given his style. Moon might have felt he had the chips and a hand that would be a flip against a lot of hands (22-JJ etc) and many bluffs that Ivey shows up with and felt this was a great opportunity for a less skillful player to take out a much more skillful player and not be crippled if he loses.

Also, he has had 4 months to watch how these players play and it is not unreasonable to assume he might have more thinking behind his plays than him just being a donkey?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Is it really reasonable to slag Moon off given he has played with these guys much more than any of us, has made the final table of the WSOP ME and was the chip leader for most of it? Maybe he knows more about the players than we do . . .

Do you think the hand against P.I. was that bad - Ivey does not need to show up there with anywhere as strong as AK most of the time given his style. Moon might have felt he had the chips and a hand that would be a flip against a lot of hands (22-JJ etc) and many bluffs that Ivey shows up with and felt this was a great opportunity for a less skillful player to take out a much more skillful player and not be crippled if he loses.

Also, he has had 4 months to watch how these players play and it is not unreasonable to assume he might have more thinking behind his plays than him just being a donkey?

The Ivey hand was standard, it was just a suckout, but no one is giving out to him for calling with AQ. His A4 hand vs Saout, the K9 vs Cada were just so woefully bad they were horrendous, especially the A4 as he had 0 FE.

No the hand against ivey was super standard and would have been much more lol imo if he had folded. I don't mean to slag him off as such - I rarely play live and when I do I have a problem judging chip stacks etc which may have happened in the pot where he folded for 6m more when the pot was 46m(he asked for a count). Or maybe there some explanation why he 3b shoved ~50bbs with k9o. Or why he donked and then 3b shoved with zero FE with A4 on KJ2 flop. There was other weird stuff but those 3 stick out. I'm certainly not in a position to be slagging him off but why ignore these pots he played. They were brutal.

There were other factors too im sure like it just being such a huge event and the ridiculous length of play 18 or 19 hours or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Moon would have called there with KJ. Come on MOON for the good of poker.

FYP;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

pocketdooz wrote: »

Yes it is, hes a fish.

Advertisement