Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 carrig2007

I seriously doubt Tom Dwan is broke, maybe Full Tilt are finally willing to pay what he's demanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Live now in US. FT Day 1

http://www.justin.tv/atlbossplaya1105

:D

Just seen the Darvin v Saout hand. It was pretty bad & his explanation made no sense......

He seems to be very chatty with & wanting to justify himelf to Ivey all the time.

Sick Sick way for Schaffel to go out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

that was a crazy hand between darvin and begs!!! then lying to everyone after the hand knowing its on tv a few days later. Great tv.

• Advertisement

Wow, Darvin folds after Begleiter 4-bets all-in, pot 45m, 6m to call, he folds then goes over & tells his wife/family/friends that he folded Queens (He had KQ) :eek::eek::eek:

Wow Cada now down to 5BB after Shulman hand. This game is unreal for him to come all the way back from here. :eek:

tm2204 wrote: »
    Wow Cada now down to 5BB after Shulman hand. This game is unreal for him to come all the way back from here. :eek:

ya its pretty sick alright.

Tough for Ivey to go out with the dominating hand. I fcuking hate losing with a dominating hand.

Nothing really went well for Ivey at the FT. Pity, would have loved to see him get chips and get down to 4/5 handed to see how he would have played the run in.

Wow, Ace on the river for Darvin to KO Begleiter. But what the fcuk was Jonathan Little doing in the Begleiter corner giving it the 'Begs Begs Begs' chants!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

moon is a jammy pig

Schulman, patient, picking his spots well, gets it in 80/20 fav & still gets fcuked. Poker sucks......

Lolz the Norm 'TIMBBBBEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR' gag after Darvins K9o blowup.

Shulman v unlucky from what was broadcast.

FFS, Darvin Moon is so lucky.

edit: as did Cada.

Cada 4-bets all-in with 22 into Saouts QQ and spikes yet another set. He's just as much a luckbox as Darvin, better player though....

Fcuking brutal ending for Saout with the 80/20 spot 22 v QQ to knock out Cada then his 88 sinks on the river v Cada's AK to knock him out. Sick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

tm2204 wrote: »
    Fcuking brutal ending for Saout with the 80/20 spot 22 v QQ to knock out Cada then his 88 sinks on the river v Cada's AK to knock him out. Sick...

He's French, the beats should have been even more horrible imo, it would have been the end of poker if a French guy won the wsop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

He's French, the beats should have been even more horrible imo, it would have been the end of poker if a French guy won the wsop

Well said Richie..straight from the heart :D

(you travelling to cork the weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Finally back after avoiding boards for a couple of days, didnt wanna know who won wanted it to be a surprise when i watched it and man was it a surprise.

Absolute brutal beats all over the place! Looking forward to reading back over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

man i thought i run good then there's Joe Cada, have to get tip's from this lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Whyno wrote: »
    Well said Richie..straight from the heart :D

(you travelling to cork the weekend)

Had planned to Wayne, but we have had a death in the family so i wont be able to

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

i did the same tried to stay away from any poker related websites for past 5 days so could watch the highlights this morning, congrats to winner, i had quite i simular run to his a while back ina tournament, one stage before final table was down to 6k chips and was big blind which was 4k, and managed 2nd place and 1000euro:) unlucky to darvin thought he was gona win it when he took chip lead late on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Surprised to see Ivey fold JJ to the 3 bet from the button from Frenchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Schaffel losing AA to quad Kings is vomit inducing! Thinking back over it it justs seems everybody wanted to get all the loot in the middle, raise 1 million i reraise 1 billion, you would assume when your there you would be a little more cautious but it didnt seem like that.

Ugh not sure if i like Cada winning it after watching the absolute suckouts he pulled out, altough i did like his call with the J9, jesus Moon was all over the place just kept shipping :o

Delighted with Begleiters exit he was a clown! He got Jonathon Little and Ylon Schwartz to coach him, i understand Little but i thought Schwartz was just a luckbox?

I think Schulam hiring Hellmuth as coach was brilliantly funny, Mike the mouth commenting on the suckouts of the pros was brilliant.

I actually thought Ivey had won it and i had ruined it by going to a site where i didnt think it would have anything to do with poker there was a pic of Ivey holding cards in front of a load of money.

Is Moon finshing that high "good for the game" that $5 mill is just gonna disappear now never to be seen again. I dont think it would of ignited another Moneymaker effect, i think Ivey or Schilam winning would of been good you could make a good case for the law in the States about playing online to be relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Brag: Finished watching WSOP FT
    Beat: I didn't win ME again this year!
    Monster Brag:: No Norman Chad for another year!! Ship it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Had planned to Wayne, but we have had a death in the family so i wont be able to

Sorry to hear that Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

To sum up the last 28 pages of this thread.

You have to be one complete luckbox to win the WSOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

careca wrote: »
    To sum up the last 28 pages of this thread.

You have to be one complete luckbox to win at Poker.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

it would have been the best thing to ever happen to poker by far, dwarfing Moneymakers win by some considerable distance if a French guy won the wsop

fyp

Advertisement