Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 thread [Spoilers only in here please]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 F3RNAND0 T0RR3S

never mind phil ivey,, derek murray finished 21st in 2k event last nite, he lost a huge race, not sure of cards , just before he bust!!! go derek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

never mind phil ivey,, derek murray finished 21st in 2k event last nite, he lost a huge race, not sure of cards , just before he bust!!! go derek!!
    Derek Murray has been knocked out by David Vu. Murray was all in for 76,000 with 4x.gif4x.gif but couldn't beat Vu's 8x.gif8x.gif after the board came devoid of a four.

http://www.pokernews.com/wsop/2009/event-32/day2/

just checked earlier on thread,, stupid me!!!! was chattin to him on the phone, he is gutted. jude ainsworth is still in the 1500 event, short tho! just short of the money!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭gazman59

i think derek went with 44 against 88 allin pre

fact, but just before that he lost massive race, he got all in with remaining chips! got unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

just checked earlier on thread,, stupid me!!!! was chattin to him on the phone, he is gutted. jude ainsworth is still in the 1500 event, short tho! just short of the money!!

Short? Unless the update is wrong on the website it has him as one of the chip leaders 'Jude Ainsworth - 81800'. Looks to be comforatbly top 20 in chips, De Wolfe also on his table with 60kish

yeah, correct, i am wrong again, ty

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Did Derek cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

(Table 58)
    Edelzito Ferreira - 51900
    Benjamin Scherner - 60400
    Tom Dobrilovic - 32400
    Ray Spencer - 98800
    Pete Kevorkian - 47300
    Michael O'Brien - 32200
    Roland De Wolfe - 61300
    Yin-Hur Lai - 29200
    Jude Ainsworth - 81800

240 / 2095

15th in chips

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Did Derek cash?

He cashed for $ 13,819 according to Pokernews

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

He cashed for $ 13,819 according to Pokernews

Sure as hell beats a €50 tournament voucher eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Allow me to be the first to say:

GWAN JUDE BRING HER HOME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

claregalway at it again!!!!!

getting annoying at this satge:rolleyes:

good luck lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Theeglinton

carrigeen wrote: »
    claregalway at it again!!!!!

getting annoying at this satge:rolleyes:

good luck lads

At least it's giving hope to me. Or I'd be happy if Ross did well, providing I had that engagment ring! :D

Congrats Derek. Hope you get another few results.

Caroline

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Any irish playing the 5k plo game today????

derek was gonna play a sat for it but didnt bother his ass gettin outta bed in time!!!! i'm sure marty smith or jinx or skint paddy is playin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

derek was gonna play a sat for it but didnt bother his ass gettin outta bed in time!!!! i'm sure marty smith or jinx or skint paddy is playin!!!

Any chance you can let the exclamation marks have a day off? 19 in 3 posts is a bit too excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Any chance you can let the exclamation marks have a day off? 19 in 3 posts is a bit too excited :D

Tony, it the fckin world series man!! its suspose to be excitin according to ESPN anyway love u long time Norman and lawen!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

well done derek!

http://www.thehendonmob.com/wsop2009/event_32_no_limit_holdem_day_2

galway,united kingdom???????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Cody Slaubaugh 350000
    James Taylor 174400
    Scott Dorsch 172100
    James Mackey 155000
    Bertrand Grospellier 145000
    Santtu Leinonen 130000
    Martin Jacobson 127300
    Roland de Wolfe 125000
    David Kronick 120000
    Mark Friedman 115000
    Steven Bradbury 108700
    Randy Pfeifer 103600
    Ray Spencer 98800
    Eric Baldwin 96300
    Eugene Katchalov 90600
    Roberto Romanello 89400
    Benjamin Scholl 86800
    Pat Poels 84500
    Jude Ainsworth 81800

19/143 left.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Some run that man is on. What event is that btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

5starpool wrote: »

event 34 1500 no limit

Event 34 $1500 no limit hold'em!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Many runners? I really have not followed it 1 iota so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Many runners? I really have not followed it 1 iota so far.
    2095 big feild some run hes on

talkin to derek, jude had over 130k not so long ago

talkin to derek, jude had over 130k not so long ago!!!!!!!!

FYP ;)

Congratulations to Derek Murray for cashing in event 32 at the World Series of Poker. He placed 23rd out of 1,534 enteries and received $13,819.
    Reading the WSOP updates it states Wed, 17 Jun 2009 02:07:32

Derek Murray has been knocked out by David Vu. Murray was all in for 76,000 with 4x.gif4x.gif but couldn't beat Vu's 8x.gif8x.gif after the board came devoid of a four.
    But it doesnt tell half the story , at the start of day one Derek was off to a flying start massing a stack of around 50k with the blinds at 400/800 but after the break Derek picked up AA three times only to see some fish flat call his raise with a q 10 and the call his all in with one Q on the flop and spiking another Q on the river .
    Then came the killer blow , they were down to about 29 players when Derek was involved in a huge race with his JJ v's AQ with blanks on the flop only to see ( you guessed it ) a queen on the river costing Derek a 350k pot angry_smile.gif
    After that it became a grind for Derek and he made it down to the final four tables but he was card dead and was forced to push with his four's as he was very short stacked
    .Talking to him on the phone he's a little down but as he could smell the braclet but he's not out , he's playing event 36 a €2000 no limit on Thursday and event 39 a €1500 no limit texas game ( hopefully he will still be in event 36 and wont need to play this one ) , both braclet events ..... We will keep you posted , here's hoping he takes one of them down teeth_smile.gif

Dave C
    www.theeglinton.com

I'm just off the phone to Jude and he is flying in event 34 the $1,500 buy in event at the WSOP , when I spoke to him he was on dinner break and he has a stack of roughly 120 k ( blinds are 1,500/3,000 )
    There were a total of 2095 runners and there are 106 left the average stack is roughly 70,000k
    And yes he's in the money guaranteed at least 3k but never mind that lets hope he wins the bracelet thumbs_up.gif

Dave C

www.theeglinton.com

• Advertisement

Just told Jude has busted out in 99th place :( not sure of the details yet but still its a WSOP cash. That's 2 for 2 for the Galway boys !

Advertisement