Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Step one.

• 05-06-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Right,Well over the summer i'll be covering possibly alot of events.
    Will be giving out business cards to spectators,fan's and competitors.

So while i've got some free time between subjects and before study i'm doing a little bit of work with my website and other stuff.

At the moment i'm making a price list,After covering rallies i get alot of people asking for images and prices and though it would be better to make an online order form and a PDF pricelist.

First of all,I sometimes get asked if i'll give people images for their site i've put a price on the PDF for those,First do you think i should charge for a low res image?640x480 size?And if so how much i was thinking €4..

I've also added the option of buying an image for advertising etc so i'd assume my copyright would be lost,What would this type of image me called and would i say copyright goes with it?Or what..

Sorry if i'm not making sense but hopefully someone can help,I'll throw some rough prices onto the list and upload the PDF so you can see if i've got it worded right

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I've also added the option of buying an image for advertising etc so i'd assume my copyright would be lost,What would this type of image me called and would i say copyright goes with it?Or what..

I'd expect you would sell it under a "Non Exclusive Licence" which basically means that you retain the copyright, they get the right to use in any way that you choose to specify, and you can still sell the image to others if you wish.

Only thing to be careful i think is that if you sell an image under Non Exclusive licencing that you don't then sell an Exclusive licence to someone else or they could get pretty annoyed if they came across the other version somewhere. But you could sell as many non exclusive licences as you like.

Good luck with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

interesting...

no idea on any of it... but awfully proactive of you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Right,Well over the summer i'll be covering possibly alot of events.
    Will be giving out business cards to spectators,fan's and competitors.

So while i've got some free time between subjects and before study i'm doing a little bit of work with my website and other stuff.

At the moment i'm making a price list,After covering rallies i get alot of people asking for images and prices and though it would be better to make an online order form and a PDF pricelist.

First of all,I sometimes get asked if i'll give people images for their site i've put a price on the PDF for those,First do you think i should charge for a low res image?640x480 size?And if so how much i was thinking €4..

Sorry if i'm not making sense but hopefully someone can help,I'll throw some rough prices onto the list and upload the PDF so you can see if i've got it worded right

Hi Rich,
    A price list is a good idea online. Or on paper, for me its so I don't charge people different prices for the same things, in a little village people talk!:D

As for the online size some people may want to put the picture fairly big so give it enough quality for that anyway. If I were you I would not give copyright, unless they pay big bucks! You could give a web usage licence, it could state something like:

This license includes the right to use the photos for webtemplates that are sold to more customers, screensavers, e-cards, powerpoint presentations or as wallpapers on cell phones. Maximum number of electronical items is 10,000 copies (applies as a total of each type of usage). If this amount is exceeded you need to acquire this license once again. The new license will provide you with the standard amount of copies.
    This is an additional license to the rights included within the regular Royalty-Free license. Note that the other restrictions still apply.

You can change this to suit your needs!
    I'd say 5-10 euro for this.

I recommend For 30 euro JPG add on the same line includes Web usage +Print usage

I know of a Rally photographer that charges 20euro for A4.

Also don't forget to include shipping costs on the price list! :)

Good Luck! :)

Advertisement