Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amateur Drama Groups

Options
  • 05-06-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,
    I'm from Ballina and was wondering if there are any amateur drama groups looking for beginners. Never acted but dying to get involved. Let us know if ye have any info on any groups starting up or running but lookin for people. Will travel. Cheers Guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

I know that there are quite a few drama groups running in the town, there's a youth club and an adult one. I don't know when they take on new members but I'd say if you just went in and asked them they would take you on (they're not exactly bursting with members - if you're from Ballina you'll know what it's like for the arts.)

I think the arts centre is still based in the Newman Institute (beside the Ridgepool Hotel) for now so if you go in there they may be able to give you details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tommy69

Enid. wrote: »
    I know that there are quite a few drama groups running in the town, there's a youth club and an adult one. I don't know when they take on new members but I'd say if you just went in and asked them they would take you on (they're not exactly bursting with members - if you're from Ballina you'll know what it's like for the arts.)

I think the arts centre is still based in the Newman Institute (beside the Ridgepool Hotel) for now so if you go in there they may be able to give you details.

Cheers Enid, have been in contact with the Adult drama group in town but it seems they may not be doing anything this summer, so was just wondering if anything was goin on with any other groups, not necessarily located in Ballina. Might have to have a crack at setting up a new group and doing some small gigs locally to get some interest goin. Will diffenitely
    call in to Newman Institute and see whats goin on locally.

Thanks again Enid,
    Tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

tf in castlebar look for people for pantomime shows etc and think there is a theatre group set up...dont have any details but you should enquire at the box office there or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tommy69

tf in castlebar look for people for pantomime shows etc and think there is a theatre group set up...dont have any details but you should enquire at the box office there or something

Cheers Stiff Kitten will do, anything to get started.

Advertisement