Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M14 or G3 or other.

Options
  • 05-06-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I received my first airsoft gun 8 days ago and i'm already looking for a second one. I want a gun with exceptional range but also full auto inside the 300EUR price range. Post your opinions!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

That's well, most AEG's on the market.
    Of course due to the Irish limit of 328fps with .2gr BB's,
    the only thing that's going to differ really is accuracy,
    You could probably get a clone and upgrade it with a
    tightbore barrel and new hop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anything by JG or G&G and just stick a Guarder silicone hop up in it which will increase range but guns from these manufacturers will have good range on them already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'm 100% biased on this because I love G3s so much.

I'd reccommend a JG G3 and upgrade the internals to a high spec.

Should be under €300 and you'll have a monster G3 like mine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Well , I want to snipe a bit with the gun. So something that has LLLOOONNNGGG range. I care more about range and accuracy than full auto. Full auto would just be a good bonus.

What about a TM H&K G3 SG1??? (265EUR with bipod)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

As I stated all Irish AEG's must be 328fps with .2's, as thats the max velocity you can have, I suppose an M14 or a G3 will give you all the accuracy you can get, with a good hop-up of course.

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Well , I want to snipe a bit with the gun. So something that has LLLOOONNNGGG range. I care more about range and accuracy than full auto. Full auto would just be a good bonus.

Well your range is pretty restricted by the power levels here, your not going to be wildly outranging everyone, the max you can get here is 150ft imo but in actuality your gonna get less that that, most would be 100-110ft max I think.

There will be other people on the field able to hit out to that range so you won't have a massive advantage range wise, but upgrade the range to the best you can get it with silicone hop and the accuracy with a tightbore barrel, that's the most you can do really with our 1J limit.

Just get a JG one for €170, TM one has nothing over it really once it's tweaked a bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

That was my first ever AEG,
    I've since upgraded it to just under the 1joule mark and did some other upgrades - barrel,hop up and the like and it's an absolute beauty.
    VERY long range and very accurate

Does anyone know the length of the inner barrel on a JG G3 A3??? and is 6.03mm good for an inner barrel???

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the length of the inner barrel on a JG G3 A3??? and is 6.03mm good for an inner barrel???

506mm, yep 6.03 is a tightbore, will make it more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

I have a 6.03 inner barrell in my G36k and it was a huge difference in accuracy. You should check out the JG G36 in south east Airsoft. It has a 500mm inner barrel I tink and with a tightbore it would give you better range than most.

Just out of curiosity , can you mount a scope on a TM G3 SG1???

What country is RSOV from??? and do they have quick delivery???

Advertisement