Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knock Box

• 05-06-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

What knock box are most of ye using out there? I need an alternative to my Rancilio base as the height affect on my silvia and rocky just doesn't work out with my kitchen cabinets.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Here are some reviews of the one I use:

http://coffeegeek.com/search?DO=&Search_SearchForm_Query=grindenstein&Search_SearchForm_Submit.x=12&Search_SearchForm_Submit.y=10

Its handy as it fits under my portafilter (saving space on counter) and is very sturdy, I have it months now and it looks brand new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

We use that Grindenstein too - bought it out in Nolans hardware shop in Clontarf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Have a Grindenstein, but I now use one of these...

rw_25125.jpg

The Grindenstein can just fill up so quickly sometimes, nice to have something bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Got Grindenstein in BT's a couple of years ago. Does the job perfectly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I don't have a knock box, I peg my pucks into a small bin that I put mixed food waste into for the brown bin, works well for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

The gridenstein looks neat alright - cheers all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I just empty the basket onto the worktop (a good hard whack does it) and just scoop the grinds off the edge of the worktop into our compost/green bin. The kitchen is already full enough of 'stuff' without another thing like this.

Works for me.

z

zagmund wrote: »
    I just empty the basket onto the worktop (a good hard whack does it) and just scoop the grinds off the edge of the worktop into our compost/green bin. The kitchen is already full enough of 'stuff' without another thing like this.

Works for me.

z

You must have a great quality countertop :eek: Great for getting rid of agression though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

I use the Coffee's Bean knockbox from Happy Donkey:

knockboxred.jpg

It's a good bit bigger than the Grindenstein, so you don't need to empty it as often. The soft rubber foot comes off very easily, but that's only mildly annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JacobOrr

Building one is pretty fun. I know we all need an extra hour in the day but if you have a Sunday afternoon with nothing to do... Take a trip to a local hard wear store and have fun being creative.

P.S. PVC breaks after 2 months... should have thought of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

i got a commercial one for a try...
    A local cafe went bust and i was able to buy a few barista items from them.. Knock out drawer, grinder and some nice cups..
    Anyway that was over a year ago and the drawer is still going strong - has a sticker on it 'Watermark Engineering' - doesn't sound coffee like but does the job well.

Thats probably this crowd:

http://www.watermark.ie/

I have seen their stickers on a few self service bean to cup type machines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

there seems to be 2 Watermark's in dublin - within about 5 mins drive from each other as well!!
    i went to the website you gave me but wasn't them. I then done a search and came up with www.watermarkeng.ie - it is a match to their sticker..

anyway it is a good hardy box, recommended..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

It'll do for the moment........

DSCN1605_zpsvvwf0636.jpg

Advertisement