Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for your charity!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Tonight i was very saddened to see this post go up on thier site It has come to our attention in recent weeks that members off our board have been contacting other members to arrange home visits for other rescues. Dogs in Distress would like to apologise to any members that have been contacted in this regard and assure them that until this had come to our attention we had no idea that this was happening. Any home visits required by Dogs in Distress will be posted under the Home Visits Needed section. All the members of Admin (admin names) would like to thank all our fantastic fosterers, home visiters, transporters, dog walkers and all our volunteers who without their help we couldn't help the amount of dogs we do. If any member has any queries or questions related to Dogs in Distress please contact a member of Admin directly and your query will be dealt with as soon as possible.I have done a bith of enquireing as to who was the person or persons responsible and surprize surprize it was one of the kindest people i got to know on the board and someone who had openly worked so hard for them and other reptual charities , and i was deeply hurt to hear that this person has since been banned from helping , apparantly like many others, so i have seen and heard enough , if rescues cannot help each other out were does that leave the poor dogs ? This is nearly has bad has the poor mammy rothweiler that recently went into the pound with her pups , and the pups were immediatly taken out into foster and still right now a week later mammy lies in the pound still waiting on help, i have realy and truly thought strong and hard and i realy will not be helping or replying anymore because it just cannot be right .

I really don't know what your issues are, but they must be major. You keep saying you're not going to post anymore on this, and then you put something else up, slagging DID off again. If you have such a problem with them, why don't you go onto their forum and raise all of these points?

Have you taken that rottie bitch out of the pound? Why not? I can't actually see when or how you've ever helped, all you've done as far as I can see is try and make trouble for a group of people who try their very best.

How about walking the walk now, instead of just talking the talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭GinaH

Well I guess their loss is our gain. The lady in question is from a village beside us and is home a lot for weekends. She calls here to walk dogs and I have taken a couple of lurchers she found because DID would not take them. She also transports from Ashton to here. She did some homechecks for me to Dublin address's who were interested in a little dog we have here that came from Dunboyne in a terrible state. None of them worked out.
    She is a very obliging lady, who always looks for the best home for a dog.

As I said, their loss is our gain.

ISDW wrote: »
    . If you have such a problem with them, why don't you go onto their forum and raise all of these points?

I would say she/he has not because ALL posts on DID's forum are moderated before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Like ISDW said why dont you go up and rescue the rottie bitch? DID always try and take pups out asap so they dont contract any diseases in the pound. I know they will try and help her as soon as they can and try and find a home for her either here or in the Uk.

I think you missed the point of that post, it was to say that they are sorry that someone is going and asking people to do extra home visits, when they havent applied to do them, as on their forum you have to put your own name forward for every home visit so no one gets stuck doing loads.

I foster for DID and i think the girls do great work for as many dogs they can, they dont have much funding and the run the whole charity around their work, family, life commitments, so I think you should really stop posting all this c*** and maybe spend more time rescuing animals since you seem to think the charity isnt doing a good job.

Thats Great News ! They have Charity Status ?? I am glad to hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Coppernlucy

I am not allowed take the Rothweiler as she is a restricted breed and if you ring up to enquire you are told she is not allowed out because of her breed ONLY DID are allowed help her. Hence my worried post about the add on DD looking for puppies, now they have no foster space for the mother dog, If you dont believe me enquire yourself.Apoligies my space/Enter bar is broken. Thankyou Paws for clarifying that please pass on my best wishes to the individual.

You are allowed rehome the rottie directly from the pound, if you go up and say you wan to give her a home and she has been there for the required 5 days you will be allowed rehome her.

Not all their dogs come from the pound the puppies I have at the moment came from a home where they were unable to care for them so DID took them put them into foster with me and now have arranged for them to go to dogs trust where they will rehomed.

The ad was to give people an alterative place to contact if they have unwanted puppies that they are unable to care for. Im glad they took the pups I have out of the home they were in as they were so skinny and really needed a safe home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Coppernlucy

please enquire yourself about the rottie , and as for your pups if they were so thin whatabout the mother they left behind ? Is she spayed ? Is she thin aswell ? if they are that neglected is that not a case for the Dspca ? will they take the next litter from her aswell ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Guys seriously offtopic. This is about raising funds for a charity.
    If you're not posting in order to help out the calendar funding/pics/etc then take the argument to another thread please.

You cant save every dog and in fact they are working to get the mother out. No rescue can help every animal even the larger ones. You seem to have a BIG problem with DID in particular, there are alot worse things they could be doing like not taking any dogs/pups from the pound and letting them all be pts. I think saving what they can is better then doing nothing at all, and instead of just sitting at home giving out about what they arent doing it would be better to recognise them for what they are doing.

By the way what do you do for all these unwanted dogs that gives you the right you post about what a bad job you think DID are doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

I am not allowed take the Rothweiler as she is a restricted breed and if you ring up to enquire you are told she is not allowed out because of her breed ONLY DID are allowed help her. Hence my worried post about the add on DD looking for puppies, now they have no foster space for the mother dog, If you dont believe me enquire yourself.

A Rothweiler is a very big dog who must be fostered by a person who feels comfortable with such a big dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I have to say I am thouroughly annoyed at the carry on here.

I really wanted to do something for a charty and I figured since in the photography forum last year that we had great fun rasing money for the santa strike force that maybe trying to get this going on the animal forum would be similar - raise funds and have a bit of fun and a bit of craic whilst getting to know the people on the forum doing it.

But now I'm not sure why I didn't just bother going away myself and doing something for a local animal charity.

This has turned from something with potential to be something nice to do do and help animals suffering to something I don't think I want to be a part of anymore with all the bickering. It's some how gone from being a charity fundraiser to a full on attack on DID.

This was not the point of what I was trying to do. A charity which helps out and people who give their time are being attacked. It's ridiculous. I admire these people and would one day love to be like them fostering dogs and these people are being persecuted because they can't help every single animal. No body can help every animal that's why more funds are needed and more people to help foster.

This is definitly not the fun project I had in mind when I started this. It's become a bit of a circus to be honest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

jen_23 wrote: »
    I have to say I am thouroughly annoyed at the carry on here.

You are?

This thread has turned into a joke with rescues slagging off rescues.Do you not realise that you all are working towards the same goal ie the rescue of animals that are about to be PTS.

Sort your differences out off thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Would a mod mind locking this thread please. It's vered way off topic and it's already served it's purpose of voting for a charity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement