Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine ripping clothes

Options
  • 05-06-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi my tenant rang to say that the washine machine has ripped some of his clothes and that something has come apart inside the machine ??
    I am only recently a "landlord" and not had an issue like this before.
    Who do I need to call to come and look at this.
    Machine is about 4 years old and out of warranty.
    I am assumming it just needs a spare part or something ??

Thanks for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Never ever heard of this problem...... Strange one. Why dont you google it and see if you get simular!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Hi my tenant rang to say that the washine machine has ripped some of his clothes and that something has come apart inside the machine ??
    I am only recently a "landlord" and not had an issue like this before.
    Who do I need to call to come and look at this.
    Machine is about 4 years old and out of warranty.
    I am assumming it just needs a spare part or something ??

Thanks for help

What sort of washing machine is it? I assume a front loader? If so the only thing that can possibly come apart and rip clothes would be the seal retainer around the rubber seal between the drum and the door I would guess. If that was the case it would be a simple repair with a (probably) readily available part. I would suggest a Golden Pages search for domestic appliance repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Would it possibly be something in a pocket of an item your tenant was washing like a nail or ear ring

• Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seen stuff getting caught in a damaged seal before, worth a check.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

thanks folks
    The AAA Washing Machine Doctor is on the case !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

I had this problem recently. Something (I'm guessing a nail or a screw left in a pocket) caused the edge of a few of the perforations in the drum to be pulled/pushed inwards. The damage was barely noticeable when looking at it, but it was very sharp. It snagged and ripped clothes, especially when on the fast spin.

A few careful smacks with a small hammer sorted it out.

Sadly, it was too late the for many fine socks lost in action :-(

Advertisement