Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation Maths

Options
  • 05-06-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Does anybody by some chance know what the pass rate is in this subject? I read somewhere that it was meant to be B3, but a maths inspector came to our school and she told me it was a D3, though she seemed somewhat uncertain. Everywhere I've applied, Trinity, DCU and the NUIs etc. all accept foundation for matriculation purposes, but they didn't specify what grade.

I hope to Buddha the inspector was right about the D3 but seriously, no one in this country seems certain of anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

D3 is a pass I think, but you get no points for it, I think B2 is the lowest you can get while still getting some points (though some colleges never award points for foundation).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Pygmalion wrote: »
    D3 is a pass I think, but you get no points for it, I think B2 is the lowest you can get while still getting some points (though some colleges never award points for foundation).

I never counted maths for points, I'm only doing foundation because I need a pass to matriculate. If I'd had the choice I would've dropped maths years ago! :P

Sometimes I wish I'd gone through the English system...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

OneArt wrote: »
    I never counted maths for points, I'm only doing foundation because I need a pass to matriculate. If I'd had the choice I would've dropped maths years ago! :P

Sometimes I wish I'd gone through the English system...

what course have you applied for in the NUI because there's a few courses like arts you dont need maths for at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

if you cant get a b in foundation, your in the wrong school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

mink_man wrote: »

Irony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hahaha lol :D ,had alook at the pass paper today and it looked on the level of foundation jc !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Or dyscalculic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Irony

How is that Irony? Didn't see any maths in his statement! I'd worry for your english tomorrow!

Advertisement