Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ladies who vote?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No, I don't vote (lads)
    Did you read my post? I am not stupid. I have made every effort to vote in every election since I've been eligible. This time I am too angry. We can blame all our recent woes on the government. That government should not have been voted in the last two elections. I am just sick of it. Us, the electorate, deserve our fate.

I will return to voting for the next election/referendum. I just wasnt bothered my bum with it this time.

Yep I read your post.

You were annoyed that other times you votes that others didn't vote the same so you abstained this time in protest. I'm sorry but it makes no sense. If you wanted to affect a difference in the electorate you could have got out and campaigned for those you think people should be voting for. People aren't always going to vote the same way as you but it doesn't mean you should lose faith in the system.

In every election / vote I have taken part in not once has anyone I've voted for been elected, that is until this time, and one of them by only 26 votes, really gave me a buzz I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You were annoyed that other times you votes that others didn't vote the same so you abstained this time in protest. I'm sorry but it makes no sense.
    I'm annoyed at the choices made yes. I'm also annoyed at a system that has politicians making important decisions based around their potential popularity at next election time. The four year time frame doesnt work when running a country.
    If you wanted to affect a difference in the electorate you could have got out and campaigned for those you think people should be voting for. People aren't always going to vote the same way as you but it doesn't mean you should lose faith in the system.
    I'm afraid I have lost faith in the system. And yes I could go out and campaign and run myself. I know that.
    In every election / vote I have taken part in not once has anyone I've voted for been elected, that is until this time, and one of them by only 26 votes, really gave me a buzz I have to say.
    Thats not really what I'm looking for, I have to say. Good for you but I dunno, the reactionary and short sighted and fickle nature of politics leaves me feeling cold at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

No, I don't vote (lads)
    I voted - not that it does much good :rolleyes:

Advertisement