Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Metal Gear?!?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭

So I've Had A Look At The New Metal Gear Titles For The PSP And PS3 And, Im Sad To Say, The PSP Game Looks The Better... Anyone Have Any Comment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I didn't think anything had been shown of them yet... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There was footage of the PSP game in the Sony conference. I don't think there was anything shown of Rising though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

very brief trailer for rising ...we know that raiden is the protagonist arís and ...well im not too happy about it ... have any of you played portable ops...im really excited about the newest addition to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

looks good, any news on release dat and if it will be bunlded with PSPgo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

MGS: PO is almost unplayable without a second analogue stick, so I'm finding it hard to be excited about a new PSP game, even though the trailer did look very good. I'd rather if they'd dumped the third person camera though and went back to an overhead view like the PS1 game, that would suit the PSP controls more.

The Raiden game is too early to tell. I'm expecting it to be a spin off with a different gameplay style - probably hack n slash given the current Raiden character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm MGSR = Castlevania except set in in 2020 or whenever the F it is.

MGSPW heh... 4 big boss's? I'm still trying to figure that one out...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Metal Gear Forum

...just sayin' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Stranjak

Is MGS: Rising coming to PS3 too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Stranjak wrote: »
    Is MGS: Rising coming to PS3 too?!
    Yeah, and PC:
    Konami unveils multi-format Metal Gear Solid!

Hideo Kojima's classic series returns in the form of Metal Gear Solid: Rising for Xbox®360, PLAYSTATION®3 and PC-DVD

4th June, 2009

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced Kojima Productions is working on a new Metal Gear Solid title, which will mark the series’ first simultaneous multi-format release. Entitled Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the game will be available for Xbox®360, PLAYSTATION®3 and PC-DVD.

The first Metal Gear Solid game in the series’ history to be released simultaneously on three platforms, Metal Gear Solid: Rising stars Raiden – one of the most popular characters within the MGS universe. Raiden made his debut as a playable character in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for PlayStation®2, and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for PLAYSTATION®3.

“The Metal Gear Solid series has always pushed the bar with its cinematic visuals and entertaining story line,” commented Martin Schneider, European Marketing Director for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “Now even more gamers can immerse themselves in the franchise and experience the groundbreaking series as Metal Gear Solid: Rising heads to the platform of their choice.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How dare they have the gall to gall to call Raiden "one of the most popular characters within the MGS universe". He's the most hated if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Stranjak

Oh cool
    I doubt there will be any stealth really, which is kinda what I love about MGS :/
    But I will get the game, if for the storyline alone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In MGS4, Raiden definitively made up for his Charlies Angels Reject vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Save yourself the money and just watch this instead. :D

Same thing really.

Oh cool
    I doubt there will be any stealth really, which is kinda what I love about MGS :/

Wasn't there stealth in MGS2:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Wasn't there stealth in MGS2:confused:

Not when the tagline for this game is 'Lightning Bolt Action' instead of 'Tactical Espionage Action' as it has been with all the previous games.

Also, I am trying to find a link to a transcript of the PSP game reveal that Kojima did. Apparently he says something like 'And don't worry, this is not some crappy spin-off game'! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Lightning bolt in Japanese = Raiden

Therfore
    MGS: Rising [Raiden Action]

Advertisement