Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Ideas/Opinions

Options
  • 05-06-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

I want to get a new tattoo, of my daughters name on my wrist. Her name is Amy, which is quiet short.

Does anyone have any opinions on what I can get around it, or would you recommend that I just get her name and nothing else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Unless it's something personal to you, or that you've put a lot of thought into, then you could/probably would end up regretting it.

I'd suggest getting just her name for now, or leaving it till you've thought of something to integrate it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 laurah

Thanka DamoElDiablo.

Yes im definitely set on getting it done, have always said I would.

Think I will just leave her name for now, i can always add more to it later easier then removing something!

Just need to decide on a font now. I really like english calligraphy and old english style.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

dafont.com is a good font resource with hundreds of fonts available. I use them quite a lot when designing signature images and such.

The reason I suggested maybe waiting and getting it all done at once was a: it's cheaper, as it'll take less time to do them both at once than over two sessions. and b: Better to have it incorporated into a design from the start, rather than try to arrange a design to work around it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

laurah wrote: »
    Hi all,

I want to get a new tattoo, of my daughters name on my wrist. Her name is Amy, which is quiet short.

Does anyone have any opinions on what I can get around it, or would you recommend that I just get her name and nothing else?

Thanks.

her birthday, zodiac symbol, birthstone, the flower for the month she was born?

Advertisement