Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killareny restaurant

Options
  • 05-06-2009 4:54pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is Brícín still good?Crowd of ladies (7) all 40 looking for nice food, not in a hotel. Is Foleys better? What about the Italian near Quills?TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Don't know about the others but Bricin is fine. Their early-bird menu is worthwhile if you're moving on to other events after your meal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

As we are all driving at least 2 hours to get to Killarney , other activities will be back to the hotel for a few glasses of vino and head to bed early!

Well you'll be disappointing a lot of people - seven 40-year-old ladies on the town . . . :P
    Whatever you decide, have a great evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Bricin is still there and its fine. Im not to keen on Robertinos the italian you mentioned . However, can recommend the Vanilla Pod, up the laneway from the Laurels. Its doing a four course meal for €37.50 and its excellent quality. It opens on Fridays and Saturdays only for dinner -otherwise it opens for breakfast and lunch. Would also recommend Trevyauds and Il Cucina. Il Cucina is an italian but not the "typical" italian. It doesnt do pizzas or spag blog but is excellent but not overly cheap. Trevyauds do an excellent sunday lunch, three courses for about €25 - €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

for an Italian try Cucina Italiano 064-6626575 (v. good, I recommend the Prosecco they have there) or Milano (great food but service is rubbish, you will be waiting ages even when its quiet)

If you like drinking olive oil from your plate, then go to Robertinos. or else bring plenty of kitchen towels to soak up the uneccessary amounts of olive oil. Went there once and never went back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Cucina Italiano -where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Is Brícín still good?Crowd of ladies (7) all 40 looking for nice food, not in a hotel. Is Foleys better? What about the Italian near Quills?TIA

Italian near Quills (Robertinos) is excellent! Go there as often as i can.

Cucina Italiano -where is that?
    Its up the lane - St Anthonys I think is called - that runs from Dan Lenehans bar to almost opposite the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Milanos near quills is a disaster, the GF had ciabattta in there before and it would bounce off the wall it was so stale. I would avoid. Vanilla Pod would be a good choice or Chapter 40 is excellent, quiet pricey thou!

are vanilla pod still doing the offer where you pay what you think the meal is worth??
    or is it gone due it being used and abused for a free dinner :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

dmeehan wrote: »
    are vanilla pod still doing the offer where you pay what you think the meal is worth??
    or is it gone due it being used and abused for a free dinner :-)

AFAIK that was for the month of February and March. It was a great idea and got them on the Ray Darcy Show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The Silver Fox! Right beside Penneys.

That Thai place in the Innisfallen Mall is fabulous, if you like Thai food.

forgot about the Thai, thanks, that and a good wallop of Murphy's icecream would do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

For my tuppence worth I would recommend the restaurant upstairs in TheFàilte or else Bricìn. Both generally have a really nice atmosphere & good service with a variety on the menus to suit every taste-bud on the night.

I think just about every decent restaurant in the town has been mentioned here, byhookorbycrook will you post back which was decided on and the opinions of the decision for future readers?

will do, of course..oh and up the Rebels!!

...oh and up the Kingdom!!

;)

I agree, the lads should do us proud Saturday alright :D

Lia_lia wrote: »
    That Thai place in the Innisfallen Mall is fabulous, if you like Thai food.

I walked past it yesterday and it seems to be For Let, with the builders in.

Nothing to do with your visit, was it, ByHookOrByCrook ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ You serious? Sh*t! That was my favourite restaurant in town! Aw.

Well if it's the one upstairs overlooking the Car Park, it's for Let. I've never been in there before.

The Thai restaurant is in the inishfallen mall and doesnt over look the car park. - it was opened the last time I went by. The one over looking the car park was a ethnic food store and is gone a while

• Advertisement

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I walked past it yesterday and it seems to be For Let, with the builders in.

Nothing to do with your visit, was it, ByHookOrByCrook ? :eek:
    We won't be down until the weekend of the 28th..great match last might by the way :D

I settled down after 5 minutes of the second half, expecting to see a good spanking. I did that all right :eek:

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I settled down after 5 minutes of the second half, expecting to see a good spanking. I did that all right :eek:

@ Oliverdog: your quote above in this Killarney Restaurant Thread :eek: what kind of restaurant / place are you trying to recommend here ;):D :P

kerry4sam wrote: »
    @ Oliverdog: your quote above in this Killarney Restaurant Thread :eek: what kind of restaurant / place are you trying to recommend here ;):D :P

The one down the lane by The Dunloe ;)

Just trying to be civil to the OP. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

The bar food in the Killarney Park is very nice and not overly expensive €15 mains and it is very tasty also Molly Darcy's is good.

We've done the Killarney Park,nice but a bit staid. Molly Darcy's too far out. What's the "bistro" in the Dromhall like, have had barfood there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

yes I have and would say it was ok fine but nothing special

Had a bad experience in Kanes Bistro in the Dromhall a good few years ago and havent ahd the nerve to go back since

has anyone been there recently? We got a leaflet in the door from kanes recently - offering an early bird type menu

• Advertisement

coleen wrote: »
    The bar food in the Killarney Park is very nice and not overly expensive €15 mains and it is very tasty also Molly Darcy's is good.

Is that for the Club Sandwich but a main course.........:confused: Didnt think the prices came down.

Advertisement