Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killareny restaurant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

No not a sandwich. I had a lovely pork dish with 2 good slices of pork it was 14.95 and friend had a steak burger with salad and chips it was 15.95 and he said it was a good chunky homemade burger. The people at the next table were having fish and chips also 14.95 and there complaint was they got 2 much fish! there did look to be alot of it. It was well presented and tasty. This is in the bar not the restaurant, I would say the restaurant is much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

coleen wrote: »
    No not a sandwich. I had a lovely pork dish with 2 good slices of pork it was 14.95 and friend had a steak burger with salad and chips it was 15.95 and he said it was a good chunky homemade burger. The people at the next table were having fish and chips also 14.95 and there complaint was they got 2 much fish! there did look to be alot of it. It was well presented and tasty. This is in the bar not the restaurant, I would say the restaurant is much more expensive.

i found the bar food ni the park hotel to be great value for money
    you get a decent sized meal at a very reasonable price, and it is in a 5 star hotel too.
    for instance a glass of wine here (5 star hotel) costs less than a glass of wine in Milano (chain restaurant)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

coleen wrote: »

Maybe it is time to go back and check it out. Does anyone know when Stonechat is reopening

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

newman10 wrote: »
    Maybe it is time to go back and check it out. Does anyone know when Stonechat is reopening

Oh I do like that little restaurant so I do. I don't know when it will be re-opening though, or even if it will considering how quiet things have got in town. People are travelling here alright but the majority are just not spending outside of their hotl/accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lia_lia wrote: »
    That Thai place in the Innisfallen Mall is fabulous, if you like Thai food.
    Inexile wrote: »
    The Thai restaurant is in the inishfallen mall and doesnt over look the car park. - it was opened the last time I went by.

A group of us from work went in there lastnight so yes it is still definitely open ;). It was absolutely devine. They served up massive portions, not one of us could actually finish what we were given at all. We could nearly have shared the main courses between two such was the portions & it was certainly very reasonably priced when considering this. The staff were lovely, two young men, very efficient and friendly. Defo thumbs up from me anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

well, after all the help, thought I'd best report back, we ate in the Randles court as part of our package one night and the whole place was smashing, the other night we ate in the bistro at Kanes,waiting for the stragglers to join us, tasty, but the veg a bit watery.

PS we did our bit for the Kerry economy, between contributing to the Spa church gate collection and all of us buying at least one pair of shoes in the outlet!

Thanks to all for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Well done - come again soon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Well done - come again soon.
    next stop Dingle for a fortnight!

Advertisement