Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddest dreams you've had lately?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

I only remember dreams when I'm in that halfway point between full sleep and waking up.. you know when you feel conscious, but your brain is still working overtime in dreamland? Not quite lucid, but similar.

Anyway, I was in that state this morning, and had a rather peculiar dream involving a very disloyal german, part of the cast of Home and Away as vampires, a herd of incredibly unfortunate sheep, Middle Earth, and a walking house on the Cliffs of Dover that kept attempting suicide with us in it.

Last week it involved posh zombies, a nuclear disaster, and a busload of starving Africans.. and it wasn't pretty.

So, what are the strangest things your brain has concocted in the last few weeks in the deep dark depths of slumber?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have a driving test on Tuesday, and I had a dream whereby I was in a "pretest" session.

The pretest session would be a week long, and at the end, the instructors would tell us what we were doing wrong, so we'd have a better chance at passing our tests. I was in what looked like a small hall, with a high roof, and lines of tables like the ones you'd find in a classroom, with no more than 20 people scattered out amoung the tables. We'd have to pair up (for unknown reason), to do the sessions. We could only pair up with people who had the same bags of crisps. Everyone was suddenly paired, and the only other person in the room had a box of pringles. Suddenly they were teaming up with someone, and the alarm woke me up.

Dreams are weird, esp when you think they're real.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

My brother's doing the leaving cert at the moment. Last night I was talking to him for a half an hour or so to see how he was getting on. All night last night I had a ridiculous dream where I sat some sort of 6 hour honours maths leaving cert nightmare. Never used my calculator once.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

You'll have to wait til August to dream your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I had a dream that I was pregnant.... and actor Ed Westwick was in it... and I was then in my old primary school. It was a tad creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

liah wrote: »
    Anyway, I was in that state this morning, and had a rather peculiar dream involving a very disloyal german, part of the cast of Home and Away as vampires, a herd of incredibly unfortunate sheep, Middle Earth, and a walking house on the Cliffs of Dover that kept attempting suicide with us in it.

Last week it involved posh zombies, a nuclear disaster, and a busload of starving Africans.. and it wasn't pretty.

Wish my imagination was that insane!

I have the sort of dreams that take pieces of reality and stitch them together in a way that makes it hard to distinguish between what is, in fact, real and what was actually a dream.

Last night I dreamt that an old friend who I have lost contact with died of cancer and I was going to miss the funeral because I was in Spain. I was incredibly upset and when I told my colleagues (somehow they also happened to be in Spain) they totally discarded it and asked me if I was coming to Leitrim for the weekend on a work trip....

The symbolism doesn't tend to be so subtle in my dreams...!

Very disturbing though, I woke up crying and all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

I had the strangest dream during the week.......... I found ONE POUND GREEN NOTES on the ground, remember the old notes> My other half ran off in a Taxi and then returned to me.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

I had a dream that I was giving a sermon but the people in my church were all interrupting me after every sentence I said and so the meaning of what I was preaching was lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I keep having very weird dreams lately, one was where I reversed my car and broke the light on the back.

And loads of others that I can't remember, I have on nearly every night and strange enough I've only been having them since the leaving cert started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Last week I dreamt that I came across a guy who was about to commit suicide by jumping off some sort of a bridge thing. He gave me a note to give to his wife and kids. As soon as I got it in my hand though the paper started to disintegrate. Think I woke up around then. It was very odd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement