Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wax

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Just after removing all the old wax off my board this is prob a stupid question :eek: But can i reuse old wax?? or should i just throw it in the bin!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

make a candle..............

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

hah, I did this the other day. Scraped off a pile of wax. Ended up around the size of a tennis ball. Put it in a deep pot then onto the hob. Eventually melted then poured it into a small bowl (the mould) and let it set overnight.

It turned out a nasty grey colour and wouldnt stick easily to the board. Nothin beats a fresh white bar of Mrs. Palmers!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

gerk86 wrote: »
    hah, I did this the other day. Scraped off a pile of wax. Ended up around the size of a tennis ball. Put it in a deep pot then onto the hob. Eventually melted then poured it into a small bowl (the mould) and let it set overnight.

It turned out a nasty grey colour and wouldnt stick easily to the board. Nothin beats a fresh white bar of Mrs. Palmers!

ha ha thats a lot of effort to save 3 euro....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

lol, it was more of an experiment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Whats the point of taking the wax off if you are just gonna put it back on again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Whats the point of taking the wax off if you are just gonna put it back on again?
    Coz it looks manky after a while, it gets really dirty where your feet stand on the board. Also it just gets flattened out and builds up on the board, adding extra weight to the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Quote:
    Coz it looks manky after a while, it gets really dirty where your feet stand on the board. Also it just gets flattened out and builds up on the board, adding extra weight to the board.

It also doesn't stick. Keep yer wee nuggets of wax bar, bung 'em in the bottom of a can and sit next to some weekends campfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

Thats that then....waxs is in the bin....at least now the bins smells nice!!!!haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

well if you like the smell you can get candles and air fresheners with that scent but I cant tell you any more or I,d be advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Decos wrote: »

What i mean is whats the point of putting the dirty un-sticky wax back on the board.

[edit] dunno why i imagined re-using old wax meant putting it back on a board :P[/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

I was given some surf wax candles to freshen up the van by my partner. Ted Shreds Candles, really took the stink out'a the surf mobile. Replaced it with a lovely Aloha scent.:D:D

Advertisement