Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent To Wrong Polling Station

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:20pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else suffer from this?

i live in Meakstown, which is basically Finglas, and i was surprized when i got my polling card to tell me the polling station was in santry stadium considering i was sent to St. Canices School last year for the Lisbon voting.

but i ignored it as i thought well, different election so maybe different way of doing it.

to my horror when i went to vote only 15 mins ago i got in and not one of the local guys where on my sheet, not one :eek:

all the people where swords based. so i continued and voted for the same party i was planning on voting as there was no point wasting a vote.

but what do i do now?
    i mean all the local guys that have posters up in my area and does everything in my area lost a vote today because of it and im sure everybody in the surrounding area got the same location, so how many votes where lost to the local guys i dont know?

Edit - Mods please move to politics as didnt realise i posted in Irish Economy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'd blame those Drumcondra Mafia.....did FF hear that there was a gang of you going to vote FG or Labour, I wonder ?

Seriously, though - I know hindsight is great, but it's pity you didn't check the polling card when you first received it, when you could have queried it.

It's probably too late now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'd blame those Drumcondra Mafia.....did FF hear that there was a gang of you going to vote FG or Labour, I wonder ?

Seriously, though - I know hindsight is great, but it's pity you didn't check the polling card when you first received it, when you could have queried it.

It's probably too late now.

i checked it, and knew it was santry stadium, but didnt think it would affect my options on who to vite for considering my last vote was for the finglas area.

im glad i voted but fuming i didnt get to vote for the guy i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kceire wrote: »
    i live in Meakstown
    You live there all your life, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

kceire wrote: »
    Edit - Mods please move to politics as didnt realise i posted in Irish Economy.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Some of the boundaries for constituencies were redrawn and this is the first election that the new boundaries are being used. I've absolutely no idea if you live in an area which is affected by this, but it is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the_syco wrote: »
    You live there all your life, yes?

will be 4 years here in October, lived in Finglas West before that all my life.

nesf wrote: »
    Some of the boundaries for constituencies were redrawn and this is the first election that the new boundaries are being used. I've absolutely no idea if you live in an area which is affected by this, but it is possible.

i think this may be the cause. i was sent a polling card last year for my normal Finglas station during the Lisbon voting but as you say, its the first poll since the new boundry set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

is accidental, I would call this 'vote management' George redmond was in charge of an rds recount which was a fianna failer win by 3 votes, get over to the right centre and vote brother

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement