Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Animal Welfare on telly tonight

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

There's going to be a piece about LAW on Nationwide tonight - Friday 5th June - RTE1, 7pm.

The Nationwide crew were with us a few weeks back (before this glorious weather started, unfortunately!) and taped some footage of our new sanctuary.

I haven't seen the piece yet but I hope it gives a favourable impression of our new sanctuary, which took decades of fundraising to achieve, and shows how hard we work every day to make our animals happy, healthy and comfy during their stay with us.

Hope y'all tune in! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

Great program to be on, i'm sure it'll give a favorable impression.
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

This has been moved to tonight on Nationwide not sure what time but the prog. starts at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

OP I thought your sanctuary came across really well - all the residents looked really well cared for. You do an amazing job. The whole programme was very good exposure for all the sanctuaries involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Yes I thought the dogs in all three rescues looked very happy.

Good to see the Irish Greyhound Board being questioned on the welfare of the dogs once they are no use to their owners anymore. Imagine, a dog was bought for €30,000, made the owners €10,000 and was left into the sanctuary with a €20 donation. I hate that industry and the way it overbreeds and then dumps the dogs who have served them so well, leaving others to pick up the pieces (and its the lucky ones who end up in the rescues) :mad::mad: A nasty nasty 'sport' using and abusing such loving, gentle animals and creating such a bad image of them that very few Irish people consider them as pets. GRRRR!!! They really do make such fabulous pets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I would love to see a regular show on Irish tv something Pet Rescue style with light hearted stories in between but also highlighting important points. Not sure why Ireland hasn't gone down this road much, aside from one series I think and it wasn't that well presented I thought..something about the Irish accent that makes a series dull lol.

The UK have tons of these types of programmes and they are highly popular and re run all the time, wish RTE would think about doing something like this there are plenty of stories to cover all around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

They did have one show gunieapigrescue. But I don't recall seeing it for well over a year now. I think it was based around the ISPCA. ISPCA would get calls from the public and then an investigator would go out.

I actually think it was quite good but it just kind of died off....

It would be great if they had more shows like that or a regualr series of it. I love watching the RSPCA ones (when I say 'LOVE' I usually have kleenex nearby !:o)

Boomerang I watched the show last night and it was really good. Displayed all the centres really well and highlighted the need for volunteers and funds. I really enjoyed it.

Advertisement