Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XIV. Round 15. *contains spoilers*

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Friday 5th June 09

Hull FC v St. Helens
    KO 20:00

Wigan Warriors v Salford City Reds
    KO 20:00

Huddersfield Giants v Hull Kingston Rovers
    KO 20:00 *SKY*

Saturday 6th June

Catalans Dragons v Leeds Rhinos
    KO 21:00

Harlequins RL v Celtic Crusaders
    KO 15:00

Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves
    KO 17:45 *SKY*

Sunday 7th June

Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Wildcats
    KO 15:00

Think the Saints are going to muller FC tonight. Reckon the Wigan Salford game could be an intriguing one, and I'm backing KR to continue their red-hot streak against the Giants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Think Saints will be too strong for a disjointed Hull side

Home advantage for Giants should see them through over KR

Wigan shouldn't have much trouble dispatching of Salford

Leeds should have the edge over an inconsistent Dragons

Quinns will have no problem beating Celtic

Cas and Wires could be a cracker of a match and I have a feeling Cas could halt the Wolves charge.

Bulls and Wakey again could be very close - and I just have to go with Wakey;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Wins for Saints, Wigan and Huddersfield.

Bradford to lose again, probably by 4-6 points v wakefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Wins for Saints, Wigan and Huddersfield.

Could I borrow that crystal ball of yours when your done with it, need to see a man about a dog. Impressive prediction skills there....:)

Watched the Huddersfield/KR game...KR were way off, they look a different outfit wthout Cooke's playmaking. Huddersfield, while I take my hat off to what they're achieving at the Galpharm, are a very, very unlovely team to watch...massively negative, and I don't care what anyone says, they are being coached to use the grapple NRL style, and that's one Aussie import I don't want to see in the game here...

Clearly Nathan Brown has brought over the 'defence wins games' strategy from Oz and it's working very effectively.

Ultimately, I think it will actually improve our game. Opposition teams will have to be more innovative in breaching their defensive line. That's why I agree it was a strange decision by Morgan to leave out his most creative player!

Very few teams will be able to beat the Giants in a forwards battle of strength.

WakeyTyke wrote: »

Very few teams will be able to beat the Giants in a forwards battle of strength.

So true, did you see Crabtree's hit on Fozzard, good lord...! They are a very good battling pack of 6..I reckon the more creative teams like Saints, Leeds and at the moment Wigan and Warrington can work 'em over and then go round them though.

Not so sure about the more defence oriented NRL becoming the norm here. I prefer to see a more balanced game, and I just hate that bloody grapple tackle with a passion, its fundamentally against the spirit of the game, and I'd like to see the RFL and refs come down hard on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Caught the second half but it didn't matter Giants pretty much said the game was over and never let Hull get back into it.

Bloody Catalans, Harumph.....duffed us (leeds) up completely yesterday...fair play to them..Good win for Warrington yesterday and Celtic firmly back down to earth with another big loss.

get in Bradford!

Ul wakey :D

Want my crystal ball for the lotto :P

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    get in Bradford!

Reckon I'll have a chat to you pre-Cheltenham next year;)....Sounds like a really comprehensive win for the Bulls...maybe the slump is over!

toomevara wrote: »
    Reckon I'll have a chat to you pre-Cheltenham next year;)....Sounds like a really comprehensive win for the Bulls...maybe the slump is over!

Ha, im good at calling results after the match has finished.

I am actually home at the moment and watched the match. We played ok but i just cant help but feel theres more misery to come before it gets better for us. There's so much dead wood all over the club (looking at you chairman and manager). I want big changes please but i guess 2 points are priceless for us.

• Advertisement

toomevara wrote: »

Wouldn't say it was comprehensive - 5 tries each, the decisive factor was Deacon goal-kicking!

With the team of players Bulls have they should easily be in the top 8, there has to be a big question mark over McNamara's abilities as a coach.

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Wouldn't say it was comprehensive - 5 tries each, the decisive factor was Deacon goal-kicking!

With the team of players Bulls have they should easily be in the top 8, there has to be a big question mark over McNamara's abilities as a coach.

Good points Wakey. Just reading league weekly's match report and they concur. A lacklustre bad tempered affair by their account.

Advertisement