Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you revise 4 poets...

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

If you revise 4 poets for tomorrow you should be sorted.

I did 5 out of 7 poets in classes. So if I revise four poets, worst case sernario only one of the four i revised will come up.

My advice is get four done and your covered

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

apparently if u do bishop and rich your covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

They're not actually obliged to put on a woman, they just usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

I'm stuck with Longley and Keats. *PRAYS*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Walcott and Bishop here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Using my maths skillz that I got from studying probability there's still a 1.4% chance that none of your poets come up if you only study 4. But I'm only doing Bishop, Walcott and Longley.

edit: I could probably learn some stuff on one of the others for tomorrow. I might have a look over Rich.

• Advertisement

I didnt do Walcott or Keats and I absoultely hate Bishop so I'm not answering any of them

Theres only 7 poets on the course, so if I study four one of them has to come up. Sorry about your probaility skills..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

8 poets on the course, 4 come up..

Supposed to learn 4 to guarantee one comes up,

But come on you'd have to be SOOOOO unlucky if none of the 4 came up..

Im doing 4 too :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I did 5 out of 7 poets in classes. So if I revise four poets, worst case sernario only one of the four i revised will come up.

i thought there were 8 poets on the course and they ask 4 in the exam. So strictly speaking if you revise 4, you could be asked the other 4.

However if you study 4 you should be 'well covered'

stick with

walcott
    keats
    bishop
    longley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

You should revise at least 5. If you revise 4, there's still a chance the other 4 will come up (there are still 8 poets on the course, right?)
    There's usually at least one woman and one Irish poet but it doesn't say anywhere in the curriculum that there has to be.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah my mistake theres 8 on the course.

Out of intrest, has anyone ever done Larkin? I've never heard of anyone doing him

Theres only 7 poets on the course, so if I study four one of them has to come up. Sorry about your probaility skills..

No there are 8. Mahon, Montague, Longley, Bishop, Rich, Walcott, Keats and Larkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Guys, you'll be fine with three poets. Walcott and Keats are more or less guaranteed, and Bishop is highly likely.

Worst case scenario, they'll give Keats, Walcott, and replace Bishop with Rich or Longley with Montague.

In all fairness, try to imagine a paper with the following coming up:

Rich
    Mahon
    Larkin
    Montague

... It simply ain't gonna happen.

I love Mahon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

ya same wit me 2 out of the 4 came up on leaked paper so im still fairly confident about tmrw
    I didnt do Walcott or Keats and I absoultely hate Bishop so I'm not answering any of them
    woo a fellow hater of bishop!!!thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

1fahy4 wrote: »
    In all fairness, try to imagine a paper with the following coming up:

Rich
    Mahon
    Larkin
    Montague

... It simply ain't gonna happen.

I would be fúcked if that happened, I don't know anything about any of them! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

walcott and bishop im gonna go over rich and see what the story is though.

woo a fellow hater of bishop!!!thank you[/quote]

I know shes fecking rubbish!

I love Mahon :(

Me too. It's a shame he came up last year. But then I also like Longley and Bishop so I might still get to do the essay on a poet I like.

Bishop's brilliant imo. How could anyone not like Sestina.

Im gonna do Mahon, Longley, Montague, Rich and probably have to look over Bishop just in case she comes up with the poets i've never done

• Advertisement

Me too. It's a shame he came up last year. But then I also like Longley and Bishop so I might still get to do the essay on a poet I like.

She's talks about fish all the time :L

It feels like a girl in a poetry classes with a thesraus in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm pretty much going to have a read over the notes on the 5 poets we studied. I think it'd be great if Montague or Bishop came up seeing as we spent the most amount of time going over their work. Wouldn't mind if Longley came up.

If Mahon and/or Rich are my only options, this will be me: :(

Does anyone else hate the comparative? It just feels like 2000 words of waffle to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Love the way people are studying Rich instead of Bishop now. Hah logic how are ya.

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Love the way people are studying Rich instead of Bishop now. Hah logic how are ya.

How did you get on in Geo Clay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I hated studying Bishop aswell. I refused to read "The Fish" because after a few lines it made me zzzzzzz. Luckily she didn't come up in my exam (2007) so I didn't have to answer on her. (Sylvia Plath ftw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Prescribed poetry is only 12.5% of ur total grade. So if the s*** hits the fan and ur poets dont come up you hopefully should be able to get 40-50% in the question anyway just from doing the poet in class so you'll only lose out on 7-8%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I hated studying Bishop aswell. I refused to read "The Fish" because after a few lines it made me zzzzzzz. Luckily she didn't come up in my exam (2007) so I didn't have to answer on her. (Sylvia Plath ftw!)

Ive just gone over Bishop as a backup, Longley and Walcott being the ones Im looking for. But i think if i have to write about someones absolute respect for a fish, i will burst out laughing and into tears at the same time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

The poem that throws be off her entirely is Questions Of Travel cant stand it!!!

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm the only one who likes her.:(

Advertisement