Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow elections

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello
    perhaps someone can help me. I'm living in Wicklow town and as such I was sent to the Glebe School to cast my votes for today. When I got there I received 2 ballot papers (Local and European). As far as I know I should have received and urban ballot sheet too.
    Can anyone verify this?? It happened to my boyfriend too. I was out of the polling booth before I copped it. I just remember thinking that a few of the faces which I'd seen around the town on the bill boards were missing from the sheets that I had received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I had three in Dublin. Local, European and Dublin Central Bye-Election. So you should only be voting in two I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

No, there was the local, European and Urban Town elections today in Wicklow. And other people I know who voted in the same place, had three papers. I only got two...I'm confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Do you live outside the urban council limits?

Hmm. I'm not sure to be honest. I'll have to look into it. Perhaps thats the case. I'm literally about a 10 min walk to the centre of the town. But I'll have to look further into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

hi Aoife

I voted about an hour ago over at the Holy Rosary school
    I got 3 ballot papers, town council / co council / Eu parliament
    The town council ballot was pink in colour

Your defo not outside the electoral area for the UDC
    perhaps the folk at the centre forgot to issue you one?

• Advertisement

Hey, turns out we live in Ballynerrin, which is JUST outside the 'urban council' limits. So i only got the county council and the European ballot papers. Which in fairness is a bit ****ty cuz, in fairness I'm like a ten minute walk from the centre of the town. I looked up a map and we live outside the 'urban' area. But my sister who live 5 mins down the road got all three sheets. AH bhuel, sin an saol atá againn. !!

Advertisement