Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Windscreen fluid leak

• 05-06-2009 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a VW Polo 1L 2000 reg, and I appear to have a leak in the windscreen fluid container. I thought I'd run out of water rather fast, and refilled it yesterday/day before. (was only in the car once in that time) Went there this afternoon and it barely spat any water out. When I got home I looked & my container was bone dry. I couldn't really see where the leak is.

I was wondering is it easy to fix if it's just the container?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's more likely to be one of the pipes to the washer jets or the motor than the container itself. Fill it up with water, and see if you can see where it's coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you can, locate the motor on the side of the bottle and be sure it's pushed home all the way. Also check the pipework from the bottle to the jets for leaks. Check the bottle itself in case it's cracked or broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

crosstownk wrote: »
    If you can, locate the motor on the side of the bottle and be sure it's pushed home all the way. Also check the pipework from the bottle to the jets for leaks. Check the bottle itself in case it's cracked or broken.

Are you using it? if so its most likely a leak on along the pipe work some where, i would start at the rear wiper and inside the boot.if you are not using it and its still going dry then its a leak on the bottle itself or close to the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yup I hadn't used it and I'd filled it up. When I went to use it I got a 'phpppp' bit out and nothing. It was bone dry. Which is why I assume it's the container, because if I'm not using it then it wouldn't be going into the tubes etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Yeah if you are not using it its not getting pumped very far from the bottle,i'd go with what crosstown said about the motor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement