Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results problem

Options
  • 05-06-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ive got a problem i cud do with some help in,got results,says i passed everything. 1 was a d-,however when i click into the breakdown,it adds up to less than 50 (im doing a masters so pass is 50).

Title Grade/Percentage Weight
    CLASSTEST - Varies:Class test 35 .2
    EXAM - End_Sem_Exam_3:Final end of semester exam (3 hour paper) 51 .8

Really annoying,so what do u think? Its exam i cant have seen myself failing so has ne1 had any similar experiences. Help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cole9

Sorry to say but it looks to me like you failed. Simple computer glitch is making it appear as a D-. Anyway I wish you all the best with the repeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

maybe its broken down that the end exam was worth somethin much more, like say 80% or somethin, im too tired to work out if that would let ya pass overall but maybe thats it.
    perhaps you were close enough to the pass and your lecturer didnt think you deserved to fail so has passed you overall. i know someone that that happened to

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

it works out 47.2% if my superb math skills serve me correctly.

Perhaps you got a sympathy pass! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nationator

ur close TDO,its 47.8, thanks for replies, I'm just wondering how computer got it wrong. Result was a d- but when u click in to get breakdown it shows the following:

Continuous assessment: 35% Weight .2 = 7
    Exam 51% Weight .8 = 40.8
    Total 47.8

Therefore according to this I got less than 50 % and therefore it should be a fail. So how does sis web show d-

If the lecturer was to round me up to a pass surely this would be reflected in exam result,rounded up to 54/55 % etc. Bloody technology

Advertisement