Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results: Sink or Swim?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Just for the craic, to see what % of people are happy with their results

Are you happy with your results? 44 votes

Aye
    0%
    Nay
    100%
    eclectichoneyFrank Grimesrainbow kirbylemon_sherbertMr.Nice Guy[Deleted User]delta_bravoThomas_S_HuntersonFeral MutantDave!SmashingPilotmuffinmanpepsi1234Dermot2468conbobFrisbeeprincess-sprklePride FighterdhaddockXhristy 44 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Nay
    Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

Nay
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Nay
    Assuming on the finals my grade I thought was an A should be fix'd Im a happy camper. 3.3 GPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

Nay
    I'm happy with my 3.97 considering it was final year engineering and i struggled to get above 3.00 in the previous years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

Absolutely crap...:(

485 points in the leaving cert and i fail 4 modules of first year arts???
    Did no work whatesoever so nobody to blame but myself i guess...
    Arghhh I'm such a lazy bastard!!!

I also have NO idea whats happening as regards second year or if i'll even be allowed into second year??? I've only got 40 out of 60 credits...:confused:
    Oh well, gonna go out and drown my sorrows now...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Nay
    Gradual improvement from previous semesters and an A in the one module i was doing in the subject ile be doing next year, so overall happy:D

Gotta take it up a step next year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Nay
    Pretty happy myself......survived my first year of Uni, passing everything and a 3.2GPA too. Wanna push on from that now and improve. Geology and Physics yay!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Nay
    Delighted...finished my postgrad now...was worrying about them all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Nay
    Generally happy, but I definitely have an Achilles' Heel: memory. When a subject makes consistent sense, and I can see how all the parts fit together to form a body of knowledge, I'm laughing. When a subject requires me to remember lots of arbitrary, disconnected bits of information, and regurgitate them flawlessly on demand, I'm screwed. This year (2nd, Structural Engineering) was a mix of both types, and my results run the gamut from A+ to E(C). Not all subjects are best assessed by examination! :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nay
    I'm happy, I *finally* have an honours degree after all this time! *\o/*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Nay
    bnt wrote: »
    Generally happy, but I definitely have an Achilles' Heel: memory. When a subject makes consistent sense, and I can see how all the parts fit together to form a body of knowledge, I'm laughing. When a subject requires me to remember lots of arbitrary, disconnected bits of information, and regurgitate them flawlessly on demand, I'm screwed. This year (2nd, Structural Engineering) was a mix of both types, and my results run the gamut from A+ to E(C). Not all subjects are best assessed by examination! :o

I fully agree with your statement.

I did pretty well meself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Nay
    Happy with the results but I'll have to do much better in German if I really want that place in Berlin next year. And economics was my major worry but it won't be next year.:D

Advertisement