Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post parcel delays?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, I'm expecting an item which was posted within Ireland last Friday 29th May and it still hasn't arrived yet.

I am taking in the election mailshots and the bank holiday but would it take over a week to deliver within Ireland?

Anyone had similar problems?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robdrog

If your waiting for a mobile phone then they only deliver them on certain days. Or so I was told after ringing a couple of times!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

It is a mobile phone but how would they know what was in the parcel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robdrog

You order your phone online, it's "dispatched" but really its waiting to be collected by An Post at the warehouse or wherever it may be and is generally delivered on another day of the week. You prob ran into trouble because of the bank holiday or whatever. I ordered a phone after Christmas and was waiting two weeks on it to arrive because "we only deliver phones on certain days".:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Oh right sorry should have said this was privately sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Post seems to v slow lately - I sent a package last Saturday morning, the lady in the post office said it would be in the UK Tuesday - it arrived yesterday (Saturday). I sent another package to the UK on Tuesday, it only left Ireland on Thursday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement